1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Pegaso Knight Templar Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by roadking, Oct 10, 2013.

1. roadking Active Member

United-States
    My latest completed project is this wonderful bust from Pegaso. Those that have been following his progress on my blog know that I challenged myself to paint the armor using NO metallic paint. To that end, a lot of time went in to getting the light and shadow spectrum just the way I wanted. In the end I am quite happy with the results. The black faded wool cloak was also a fun bit of challenge due to the sheer amount of tonal values required. Really enjoyed and recommend this kit.

Jim

PegHospBust25.jpg PegHospBust26.jpg PegHospBust27.jpg PegHospBust28.jpg PegHospBust30.jpg PegHospBust31.jpg
  2. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Super! The cloak is awesome! Love what you did!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
    roadking likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    All oils Jim? I think that's your fave medium of choice but curious about the NMM armour.

Colin
    roadking likes this.
  4. roadking Active Member

United-States
    Colin I've been painting in oils for over thirty years so why change now (old dog you know). Curious about the armor, how? or why?

Jim
    Wayneb likes this.
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Jim - I would have thought NMM mail would have been easier in acrylic. I think oils would be a lot more challenging due to the blending....unless you have a lot of time and patience. Anyway it looks great.

Colin
    roadking likes this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Jim,

Marc
    roadking likes this.
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is very nice indeed,love the black cloak!

Oils are for life ,not just for Christmas :rolleyes: Colin:D

ron
    roadking likes this.
  8. roadking Active Member

United-States
    God I love that quote Ron!!

Yes I do love my oils and yes, acrylics are quicker. I have learned how to work with the oils as my preferred medium and I have adapted a number of acrylic style skills to that medium. It does take longer but not as long as you might think and I tend to work on more than one piece at a time to avoid not being able to work on anything. The oils are layered and the overnight drying time allows me to contemplate my next move.

Jim
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another great piece Jim. I am curious about the "nameplate".
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Fantastic work hard to believe no metallics were used I've never have guessed
    Steve