Pegaso Greek Warrior - Part 3

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by roadking, Jan 16, 2010.

1. roadking Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG] As a change of pace and to give the Navarca an opportunity to dry a bit I spent the other night working on this Pegaso Greek Warrior a bit more. I decided to focus on refining the non-metallic painted bronze armor, padded armor and a few other details. Various mixes of Yellow Ochre, and Titanium White were used to add reflected highlights to the greaves, helmet and chest armor. The crest was completed as seen in the photos and the sword has been primed to begin painting. Once the sword is complete I will glue it and the shield to the figure so I can begin to paint the face of the shield. I will also re-attach the spear points to the shaft. I have broken them off twice and have them safely hidden away so as not to damage or lose them.

Now on to the gladiator vignette for a little work tomorrow and hopefully back to the Mayan bust sometime during the week. Full circle and soon a few things will get completed.

[IMG]

More...
    Tommi and gordy like this.
  2. mao A Fixture

Italy
    Very beautiful, i like this figure
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff.
    Carl.
  4. Hardy Guest

Excellent work as always. Hardy
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work.
    I really like the purple color. it give's a very colorfull touch on the figure

Marc
  6. roadking Active Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone. The purple isn't quite as bright as it appears in the photo. I agree though as I had tried other tones and they simply didn't work. I am trying to find the balance on that color between artistic effect and historical accuracy. I am afarid the artist side is winning.