1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso Grand Master

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by arthur, Oct 30, 2005.

1. arthur Member

Canada
    Gentlemen,
    Did a bit more work on this figure. Really starting to dislike painting white fabrics :angry:, IMHO most unforgiving colour of all. The "Master" himself is painted with oils, while the shield is done purely in acrylics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Comments and sugestions always welcome,
    Cheers,
    A.
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    looks fantastic
  3. Hammond_Lord Active Member

Hi Arthur!

Your figure of the Teutonic "Hochmeister" looks great, yet there's more to be done with the painting process. I know how you feel about painting whites, I had the same problem,but with your knowledge and unique painting style, I'm sure that your figure will be perfect in the end!
    Your metal parts and face look very realistic! Could you share some tips'n'tricks about painting?

Regards,

Nemanja
  4. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Hi Arthur,

Your "white work" is excellent. Did you use Sepia for your shadows?

I feel your pain regarding the unforgiving nature of white fabric, as I am (still) busy with a Templar at the moment...

Your shield is excellent.... how did you do the slashes on it? And which brand of acrylics did you use?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this figure.

Rudi :)
  5. arthur Member

Canada
    Thanks Guys :)

Nemanja,
    The way I paint metal figures is first white primer (Warhammer Skull White) , then directly onto it artists oils (Rembrandt's etc). I start with darkest shadows (eg. solid black on the white cape) and the lightest highlites at the same time. While the paint is still fresh I use a fine chiesel type brush to create the "color fusion" between the darks and lights. I leave it for few days and then go over it once again with the same process just fine tuning the blending effect.
    The metals are not done yet, it's just the dark metallic base (black oil+ silver printer's ink)for now, the highlighting of it will be done at the very end with printer's ink.

Rudi,
    I add a bit of very dark brown to my mars black oil, it breaks the "harshness" of the black and it doesn't turn it into charcoal colour as adding a touch of white does ;)
    The Shield actually has the cuts sculpted in, I just enhanced them a bit.
    As for acrylics, I use Vallejos thinned with Windex.
    Cheers,
    A.