1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso Germanic

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by nagashino, Mar 7, 2006.

1. nagashino New Member

Hi all

Well, back at figures again after a sabbatical with AFVs (the medication seems to be working)

I couldn't resist this guy, well who could? This is an initial shot of the face in progress. Hair and beard are in underpaint, so they won't look so wierd when they are done. Please excuse the crappy photo - I WILL get myself a decent camera with more of those pixie-things, I promise!

Comments and critiques are as always very valued.

Cheers

Phil

[IMG]
  2. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hello Phil as beginning seems
    bond.

Good Continuous ..............

MAB :)
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Keep going Phil.........you're on your way. I have this little jewel and hope to (someday) get to it. Keep us posted on your progress.
  4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi phil

Great start mate, will you have him finished for Welling...?

Dave
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    hey Phil,

You where not at Antwerp last weekend??
    We missed you.
    Now, if seen what are you doing.
    Great work mate. Keep posting.

marc
  6. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Phil
    nice start on the skin tone

Frank (y)
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    GET SOME!!! GET SOME!!! :lol:

Yes Im gonna get me this fellow. Other modeller at the IPMS-Stockholm site thought Ive been the rolemodel for this kit.

Cheers
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Phil, your skin tones are spot on, looking forward to your to seeing more.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good start Phil!
  10. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    A good start is the half of the final result. So keep up the good work and keep us updated.

Xenofon
  11. nagashino New Member

Janne - it's funny you mention that. There is a well known UK modeller who we are convinced is the face Andrea Jula based this piece on. Any UK members out there know who I'm talking about? :lol:

Many thanks everyone for your encouragement. I am enjoying this piece and I will post futher as it progresses

Cheers

Phil
  12. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Could I be mistaken or did I see this man at Aldershot...... :lol:

Dave
  13. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Phil,
    nice start to a cool figure. Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  14. nagashino New Member

He was there :lol:
  15. nagashino New Member

Hi all

Some more shots of WIP on this guy. Beard and hair now all but finished. I think I need to get some more depth into that chin-fuzz!

I did away with the odd pigtail that came with the kit and replaced it with a "Suebian Knot" from Duro/MS - this looks more in keeping with the character IMHO.

Final shot is rather poor, but shows the plug of Duro/Ms I inserted into the cavity at the back of the torso, pressing the shield into it so that it becomes a far more snug fit in the final assembly. Anyone who has already done this figure will know it's a S.O.A.B to assemble, or is that just my keck-handedness :lol:

[IMG]

Right side - shows knot

[IMG]

Back view showing plug

[IMG]
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Phil, You're doing a good job on this one. I too like what you've done with the flesh.~Gary
  17. nagashino New Member

Hi all

Thanks for the positive comments everyone, they are certainly an inspiration to get on with this project.

Herewith a few more shots of work in progress.

Flesh is a Vallejo mix with minor oil shading and highlights. Fur is in underpaint as yet.

This shot shows the scar on the left face, a nice touch I think. I intend to give him a dead eye that side (sorry but I recently watched the old movie "The Vikings" and Kirk Douglas' dead eye gave me the idea :lol: )

[IMG]

right front view

[IMG]

and finally right side with flesh area on belly done

[IMG]

Once again, apologies for the crappy pics. They were quickly knocked out in my workshop under poor lighting

Thanks for looking

Phil
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He's looking good Phil. Don't worry about the photos.....just do the best you can. I am anxious to see the "dead eye" as I know exactly what you mean. I watched my copy of tThe Vikings a couple of weeks ago and thought about a patch over his eye made with majic sculpt.
  19. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hiya Phil...you're doing a very nice job on this one...love the flesh and the beard...what a great figure eh..?

Will you be able get to Southern Expo.?

All the best...Roy.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    So far so good Phil.

Looking forward to your next step. The death eye is certanly a good option.

Marc