1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso British Colonial Officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Oct 29, 2008.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

I've just started work on this beautiful 75mm figure by Pegaso. The face and helmet are almost finished but the jacket and trousers have only been base coated.:)

Painting in Vallejo acrylics. A great excuse to watch "Zulu" for the 1,000th time.

Hope you like.

Attached Files:

2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Tony

Great work so far.

Cheers
    Pedro
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Tony,
    Nice start so far.
    Cheers,
    John
  4. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Reds & Blacks

two of the more challenging colours to do...like it.

As a trivial note, the Zulu war cry was reused in the opening battle in Gladiator.....

cheers
  5. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    Geez you have been busy Tony, you only got that the other day and its looking great already.
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Pedro, John, Jamie and Ian,

Thanks for your comments guys, I always appreciate the feedback.

Jamie, I remember the first time I saw Gladiator at the movies and was so disappointed that they copied the war chant from Zulu and gave it to Germanic warriors in 2nd Cent AD. I was a pretty cheap skate thing for Ridley Scott to do.:(

Ian, the cheque's in the mail mate.:D I just couldn't resist getting stuck into this magnificent figure almost as soon as I got off the phone to you. I'm so glad you're now stocking Pegaso figures. This one's a real beauty.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great start Tony,
    I think he is going to turn out great.

marc
  8. Hardy Guest

Looking very promising. Hardy
  9. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great start Tony, looking forward for some more!

Marcel.
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Geez Tony, you dont muck around. I'm lucky to get 1 hour a week at the moment to do any painting myself. I love the face, looks great.
    Ben
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking good so far Tony!

Jay H.
    OKc
  12. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Like it Tony - you've impressed me enough to consider buying it myself - so how's that for praise?
  13. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    G'Day Tony.
    Lookin good big fella, looking forward to seeing him complete
    Al
  14. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony

Good figure and great to paint, only thing I can see is the colour of the helmet, they used dye them with tea to suppress the vivid appearance of the white, this used dull the brightness of the brass badge too, although most of the time the badge was removed. I hope its not too much trouble to give it a wash.... keep it up mate,be nice to see it finished.

Dave
  15. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi Tony,

Its coming along beautifully mate but I have some tips to do if you let me :p

Dont know of the pic but the right eye seems looking to the left and the other one looking straight judging from the pics :eek:

And the black and red of the trousers look a bit shiny and you said that you used vallejo colours and these finish to a satin finish so I would recommend using Andrea or Maimeri ;)

As always judging from the photos if in reality it isn't like I said IGNORE completely what I said :)

Thanks and warmest Regards,

Samwel Vella
  16. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    Wow Tony, thats looking Very good :) You obviously dn't much around when it comes to painting figures :p The only thing i would say is that eyes looks a little bit crook. Just a bit of friendly critaism.

Daniel
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

Many thanks to all of you who commented on my first pics. I've read all your comments and worked hard today to correct some of the faults; particularly the eyes which were a bit crossed.

Here are the latest pics, showing more work on the tunic and the webbing, plus the face. I will put a light brown wash over the helmet to simulate the "tea wash".

These pics show where I stopped work tonight. Off to bed now.

Thanks once again to you all for your comments and positive feedback.

Attached Files:

18. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    I'm looking forward to completion of a work very much as your fan.
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you Mitsutaka.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looking good Tony :)

Roger