1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso 90mm Templer

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Hardy, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Hardy Guest

HI all, had a great time at euro and now using some of the inspiration gained to paint that Alan Rickman look on pegaso's Templer. Hope you like.

Hardy
  2. stev1eran Member

Really good likeness Hardy, I will be watching this one progress :)
    Steve
  3. Frank-Holger Member

This face is an outstanding sculpt! I would even go ahead and say, it is one of the best figures Pegaso ever did. An unbelievable sculpt!

And you dd an outstanding job to paint this veteran´s face. It is packed with emotions, the eyes look superb and it is filled with character!

Frank
  4. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    Acrylics for face??

nice work
  5. maui Active Member

Italy
    Beatiful face Hardy,
    I like your style of painting.

Cheer

maui ;)
  6. callum Member

Hey Hardy,

Nice. :lol:

Callum.
  7. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    An ubsolutely new dimention painting this figure. I like it !
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That is an amazing face that you paint there Hardy.
    I wish i could do that.

Marc
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi mate......was so good to see you again and just in case I didn't tell you enough @ Euro.......WELLDONE & WELL DESERVED on your gold........you've raised your bar again and again and again........will take me some time in catching you :angry:

Keep it up mate.........so happy for you :)

Keeping track on this one!!!

Ray ;)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Hardy!

Was great to meet you at Euro. I think your face is the best I have seen on this figure, it seams like people who paint this dont spend too much time on the face since its covered, but youve gone all the way and it sure looks good.
  11. Hardy Guest

Thanks all, the face is painted in oils as usual

Ray my friend, you paint just as well as me. Your John B Gordon Figure had one of the best painted faces in class 2, the leather was some of the best I have ever seen.

Anders thanks, great to meet you. Sorry you had such a crappy hotel mate.

Im a bit confused as to what order I will paint him as, dont want to paint him a Templer, he isnt really suitable as a Hospitaller and a teutonicmeans more bloody white!! Hmmm???
  12. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Hardy

Here is a suggestion go Red or Black, early order of St. John, this may be an answer

Dave
  13. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    why not paint him in secular livery such as a sergeant in the employ of william marshall earl of pembroke and earl marshall of england whose arms at that time were half yellow half green with a red lion rampant on the shield.I've often thought this figure would look good in this livery.By the way fantastic eyebrows
  14. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Hello Hardy!

it was great talking at euro!

Fantastic face! The eyes look very good to me, and the hair is simply fantastic! Maybe the shadow under the lower eyelids can be a bit lighter towards the outside to give a more soft and natural transition towards the cheeck, but this might be a matter of taste.

Can't wait to see this one finished! The cloak should be a masterpiece when done by you!

Congrats again on the gold and other medals last weekend!
    Best wishes,

Marijn
  15. Hardy Guest

Thanks all for your kind comments and suggestions.
    I really need to think about the colouring on this one as I want a good contrast with the hair which rules out a black cape. I suppose I might have to go with white, but probably as a Teutonic rather than another Templer. We will see........
  16. Hardy Guest

Hi Callum mate, dont forget to send me those pics. Hardy