1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Pegaso 90mm mounted Templar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariner, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Well after fighting with this figure for a month, he's almost done; a few touchups left...had to scrap the saddle cantle and sculpt a smaller one so the Knight would fit on the horse. Perhaps I should have put a touch of putty in places, but it isn't too noticeable in real life.
    The main pieces are all quite heavy and took a lot of planning to paint and assemble. I was out of my league on this one, but a good learning curve.
    Still have to finish the groundwork but it was so heavy I had to mount it on the base to handle the weight during assembly. I hope you like him. Thanks to David (Bailey on PF) for his help with crosses:).
    Mary

Attached Files:

malc, Tommi, tiberius57 and 2 others like this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That's a very impressive piece of work Mary, both the painting and the figure. Definately not a figure for the faint hearted.... good job. :)

Roger.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Extremely well done. The white's are exceptionel.

Marc
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    This is really nice Mary.Your progressing rapidly with each figure.
    Brian
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You over came the cantle problem well Mary, you're getting quite good at this.
    Carl.(y)
  6. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Really nice work Mary. I like the weathering.
  7. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Thanks, all...I think the crosses could use some better shadows; not sure of the right colour when they are so large. Suggestions welcome :)
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That looks great Mary. You really are knocking 'em out at a rapid rate and as others have said, you're getting better and better all the time.

I also admire the way you're not afraid to step outside your comfort zone, and take on challenging paints head on.

A nice wooden plinth would set this one off nicely.

- Steve
  9. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Nice work, Mary. Love the way you solved the white on such a large surface. The crosses are freehand?
  10. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good. Nice job with the crosses. They seem like such simple designs but they can sure be tough to freehand. I also like how you've done the dirt on the bottom of the horse's caparison.

If I hadn't read the earlier thread about the saddle, I would have had no idea from looking at the pictures that you'd had to resculpt it. Assemblying and painting those 90mm mounted figures is a real challenge, but the end result is just so cool. Keep up the good work.
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Another winner Mary
    Good job solving the fit problem with the saddle... if this was easy, everybody would be doing it;). As always the white looks great.

Cheers

Colin
  12. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Mary, this kit is quite an undertaking. I have painted 2.5 of theses in the past and can remember all the problems of trying to work with such a heavy piece and the complexity of painting and assembly, congratulations on this and another step forward for your painting skills.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done Mary, after this figure you should have no fear of any modelling subject.
  14. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    yes I do, Tony---the Crecy Black Prince!!
  15. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium