1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso 90 mm novelties for 2015 Kulmbach show

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Blue Thunder, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Fantastic piece! :joyful: 90mm French Chasseur created by Ebroin:

[IMG]

And now these will be in 90mm. A new series of small scale busts ... whose concept will ignite the web :) ... nail size busts:

90mm Mamelouk Minibust:

[IMG]

90mm Signifier Minibust (how I would love this chap to be in 200mm!!!)

[IMG]

A 90mm French Drummer:

[IMG]

And MB-004 90mm: Delaware Indian Minibust

[IMG]

Many of you recognized already their origin, since these busts are cuts from existing 90mm figures :)

Let's hope they'll arrive affordable to bring new guys to the hobby! :joyful: Cheers!
    Edorta, rado2828, Krest063 and 9 others like this.
  2. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Far be it for me to criticise Pegaso but the pelisse of the chasseur looks a bit too heavy, big and bulky, as if it's made of sheepskin. But apart from that, WOW!

Jeff
    Steve, Don Johnson and Osvald like this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    The chasseur, mameluke and tambour are high on the to buy list.

Marc
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great, 90mm is coming back ?:love::whistle:
    To believe that the economic crisis is over!:rolleyes:
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I like the pose of the chasseur - good balance with the weight nicely distributed. Creative pose too and it's hard to come up with something new these days.

I like the fact that the pelisse has enough breadth at the back that it looks like it could potentially be worn. Too often we see a liitle bit of material between the arms indicating that sculptors haven't really come to terms with the fact at the pelisse is a wearable garment.

On the down side - I agree that the pelisse looks too deep. And the braiding on the dolman is what sinks it for me....too few braids and inconsistent spacing and number compared to the pelisse. There are lot of extant garments out there. How hard is it to count the rows and be accurate? I think there were usually about 18 rows of braid on a pelisse and dolman. The pelisse has 18. The dolman has about 14, allowing for those under the barrel sash.

More importantly, I have never seen a picture or relic of the CaC of the guard with three button arrangements on their dolmans rather than 5 button arrangements. I always thought 5 but admit that I haven't done the research to see if there was an exception.

image.jpg

The boots look a bit odd too. Its hard to tell from the photos showing the insteps but they don't look like Hungarian boots to me.

You may call the critique of the dolman rivet counting but it sticks out the instant I look at this figure and it will be even more apparent once the lace is painted gold on a dark green field. Deal breaker.
    Martin64, Huw63, Osvald and 1 other person like this.
  6. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Pegaso offers us here what seems to be a " Chasseur à Cheval de la Garde Impériale", 1er Empire
    Rather than words, images.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    PORTRAIT de Jacques DE TROBRIANT CHEF D'ESCADRONS DES CHASSEURS À CHEVAL DE LA JEUNE GARDE IMPÉRIALE, PREMIER EMPIRE (1813-1814).
    [IMG]
    Dolman Colonel of the "Chasseur à cheval de la Garde"
    Huw63 likes this.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some nice-looking pieces there, but the lion's head on the Roman signifer looks way over-sized.

- Steve
    Bootneck likes this.
  8. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Never tried putting my head in a lions mouth to test the scale Steve. Lol.
    But have to agree the image does make the lions head look big.

Peter.
    Blind Pew likes this.
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Love the new mini bust series. Don't like painting anything in a bigger than 120 mm scale. I really do hope this will prove to be a popular line and that it will expand soon (maybe some WWII subjects?) I do hope they will not cost more than 30 euros as this about the maximum they are worth to me.

Cheers,

Gino
    Blind Pew likes this.
  10. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not sure if it's the pics but.....Pelise on Chasseur looks like it is 120 mm scale compared to the figures 90 mm ! (n)
    MCPWilk likes this.
  11. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Busts in 90mm scale?
    A terrific idea. I may strongly consider a couple.
    Let's face it, a 90mm figure these days is an arm & a leg (no pun).
    gforceman likes this.
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

The Chasseur might be interesting but the dolman seems to be wrong (3 rows of buttons and not 5 rows), the boots look wrong and the peliesse which does t look like any I've seen in museums. Such a shame but I'm not going to pay 90mm prices for this.

Cheers

Huw
    Martin64 and crf like this.
  13. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    I like a lot of the mini-busts.

My criticism is about the "whose concept will ignite the web". Ruota del Tempo, that is somewhat related with Pegaso, already have mini-busts. Stormtroopers, FeR Miniatures, MMM, El Viejo Dragon, a lot of companies have mini-busts in 1/16, 120mm and 90mm.
    Huw63 likes this.
  14. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Like very much the " Chasseur"
  15. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    While this is Pegaso-quality and -price I miss attention to detail and some fresh ideas. I am not talking about another bust or figure dressed up as something more unusual but if you go for mainstream what about showing fresh poses, campaign uniforms, adaptions to weather conditions, standing guard, scouting, dressing a wound, looking after your horse, cleaning equipment,......well not so easy when it comes to a bust, but then the faces can show emotions, hardships gone through or some character - not just ethnic mannequins.
    I really like Pegaso and I like them this time even more for taking care of my wallet at Kulmbach.
    Cheers, Martin
  16. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    I think there is a reason why 200mm is a popular scale for busts ,90mm is way too small for a bust in my opinion and knowing Pegaso they will be expensive anyway
  17. Bootneck Well-Known Member

I'm told but not confirmed the prices will be in the region of

£225 for 90mm mounted
    £80 for 90 mm foot
    £50 for 75mm foot

No price quoted for busts.

Lots of other equally nice thing out their for me at cheaper prices.

Peter.
    Huw63 and gforceman like this.
  18. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

:nailbiting:
    Blind Pew and gforceman like this.
  19. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    £50 for a straight up & down 75mm figure is way over the top. 90mm metal figures have been knocking on a pound a millimetre for ages now. The mounteds have been too expensive for years as we all know. No wonder you very rarely see any. That's half my mortgage payment.
    gforceman, Babelfish and Huw63 like this.
  20. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Also, I think that one of the reason you rarely see a painted 90mm mounted figure is because they take a hell of time to paint if you want to give them justice.
    A 90mm standing figure takes me at least 4 to 8 more time to paint than a 54mm..
    Huw63, Babelfish and Blind Pew like this.