1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso 75mm resin figures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by custer760, Aug 15, 2017.

1. custer760 Well-Known Member

Good morning Planeteers,
    Got some of the Pegaso 75mm newbies at the Kulmbach Show and was surprised that they are Resin!!We may need to update the Info on recasts,if I remember correctly,it was stated that Pegaso peices are not made in resin........wrong!!
    Just some Info,hope this helps.
    Regards
    Pete
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Pete

Thanks for date ..I always thought Pegaso were only w/m ..resin sounds iffy ....as you bought them why not contact Pegaso with the information...certainly be interested in their response

Nap
  3. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

napoleonpeart likes this.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Knowing Pete's connections in the hobby I'm sure he would recognise a recast a mile away. Looks like an interesting development.

Keith
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    That's good news about the resin on website

As Keith says with Petes connections and knowledge he if any woukd know a recast which obviously these are not

Nap
  6. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi Kev,No these are no recasts mate,bought them direct at the Pegaso stand,there is one of them 75129 Northern Wandering Knight which is Metal body and legs,head etc and resin cloak,the Viking Rus 75125 is complete resin.
    Regards
    Pete
  7. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Their sister company, Kamera uses resin for all their casts, and Alexandros sometimes does too. Be interesting to see if they gradually move away from metal.
  8. Jim Active Member

While I understand that cast metal gives sharp definition of details, I do prefer resin for its lighter weight and ease of drilling for assembly. Not that I don't have metal figures (it's called a 'gray army' for a reason!:LOL:).
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Just an observation,
    Some of the detail I have seen on resin Figures like from "Nocturner" the detail has been outstanding:D Also from Authorsculpt and Michael Contreras with really fine feathers on the indians from Authorsculpt. I think the above saying is no longer applicable. :LOL: Not the gray army bit:D

Cheers
    John
  10. Jim Active Member

Let's hear it for the gray army!

You're right, John, the details on resin figures like Scale 75 and Nocturna these days is incredible. Back in the day (mid-to-late 80s)(Yes, I am an old guy!), the detail on metal figures was superior to the resin figures then. There's been such an amazing leap forward in technology and skills in sculpting and casting resin figures. We have it so good.

So many great figures and so little money and time!
    John Bowery likes this.
  11. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just need to look at companies like FeR Miniatures and Young Miniatures to see what's possible with resin now.
    John Bowery likes this.
  12. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes Jim. 1980s resin models with more bubbles than s can of coke and a fit so bad you ask if the Pat's came from the same figure. Aaah the good old days.

I bought a Black Sun miniature a few months back and couldn't find a single bubble, seam lined wrre virtually invisible and fit and detail were perfect.

Andrew.
    Forté likes this.