1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Pegaso 54MM Mameluke

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike Stevens, May 3, 2018.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tremendous work Mike. Not a commonly seen piece this one, in fact until now it's barely ever been on my radar, but you're really bringing it to life and making me take notice. Looking forward to seeing the end result soon.

- Steve
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  2. Huw63 A Fixture

Marvellous work Mike. You mentioned the cross belt - my only comment is that the Mameluke officers tended to wear red or green morocco leather belts etc and the white crossbelt looks a little out of place.

Cheers

Huw
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  3. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Mike
    Great choice for the yellow and very well applied...(y)
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  4. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks Steve!
  5. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks! It was a very tough color to paint and took several attempts until I felt that I had it painted correctly. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
  6. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Huw,

I thought about going with the red or green but white and black both appear in plates, (please see attached). Although uncommon not sure that it is incorrect. And I wanted to break up the primary colors a bit. :D

Attached Files:

7. Huw63 A Fixture

That’s as good a reason as any but I’d check the page on officers uniforms. I love those books but the new volumes from Heimdal have even more plates - I’m going to order the third volume later.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Huw
    Mike Stevens likes this.