1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

PEGASO 54mm Coming soon CAPTAIN PIERRE-AGATHE HEYMES, ADC MARSHAL NEY

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Coming soon from PEGASO
    CAPTAIN PIERRE-AGATHE HEYMES, ADC MARSHAL NEY
    54mm, metal
    Sculptor : R.Galicek
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

He is the son of Jean Heymès, captain of the 7th Foot Artillery Regiment, killed at the Battle of Neerwinden, and Marie-Louise Capet.

Entered the army at the age of 15, he made the campaigns of the French Revolution to the armies of Moselle, Sambre, North, West, Rhine and Holland. In 1802, he left with the expedition of Santo Domingo. Being still a lieutenant, he was taken prisoner by the English, then escaped from Jamaica and embarked in New York, from where he managed to return to France to resume his duties as a lieutenant in his regiment in Strasbourg. . He made the campaigns of Tyrol, Prussia, Poland, and in 1808, of Spain, with the 6th corps and under the orders of Marshal Ney.

He then went to Portugal with Soult and was promoted in 1809 to the rank of captain of the 5th regiment of horse artillery.

In 1810 he was employed at the Mutzig (Bas-Rhin) arms factory. In 1812 he made the campaign of Russia. Ney tied him as aide-de-camp at the Smolensk retreat and soon appointed him squadron commander, colonel and first aide-de-camp. In this capacity he makes the campaigns of 1813 and 1814.
    At the first Restoration, Colonel Heymès was appointed Deputy Chief of Staff of the Prince of Moskowa, commander of the Royal Cavalry. He followed him during the Hundred Days and charged to his side at Waterloo. He is retired after the return of the Bourbons.

Colonel Heymes saw retired until 1830. On July 28, he was in Paris, mingling with the insurrection; on the 29th, he removes the 5th and 53rd infantry regiments in battle on the Place Vendome and leads them into the ranks of the insurgents. On the 30th, he accompanies the Duke of Orleans when he goes to the night of Neuilly at the Palais Royal.

The new king, Heymes, is named his aide-de-camp. He was promoted to Marshal of the camp on December 11, 1830, Commander of the Legion of Honor on April 20, 1831 and Lieutenant-General on August 24, 1838.

He died in 1842, at the age of 65, and is buried in the cemetery of Auteuil.
    [IMG]
    Macca G, Lasalle, Reptor and 11 others like this.
  2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Picked this one up in September at EME show, fabulous piece with very nice detail

Tommi
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Ney and Heymès (in red uniform) are immortalized together on the famous Waterloo Panorama at the original battlefield in Braine-L'Alleud ...:

[IMG]
    Cheers
    Lasalle, Jaybo, captnenglish and 5 others like this.
  4. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    I love that Panorama. The battlefield is a must see.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull figure.

Marc
  7. Union brigade Member

Denmark
    This is already avaible I think. At least I bought it at SMC in Eindhoven more than a month ago.
    I am sorry for the poor quality of the picture. Its a enlargement of a part of picture I took when I had returned form the Nederlands.

Attached Files:

8. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Not yet available directly from Pegaso or Art Girona !
  9. debrito A Fixture

Canada
  10. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Very beautiful miniature , great release! Thank for the news ;) (y)
  11. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Normally around 95€ without shipping !
    debrito likes this.
  12. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    Is it only me or the horse looks too large?
    debrito likes this.
  13. Bone Active Member

Singapore
    Lovely figure but I have the same observation about the horse
  14. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Great figure! I love it