1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso´s Crossbowman XV century

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by fmargem, Jan 8, 2011.

1. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    Here is a 90 mm, white metal figure from Pegaso Models, sculpted by Victor Konov I´ve painted back in 2009. The amount of details in this piece is simply amazing, making it easy and fun to paint.
    I´ve used acrylics and oils for this one. The sun was handpainted with golden enamel and detailed with oils. By the way, I don´t like it.
    The arros were handmade.

Anyway, here are the pics:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Face close up (a bit out of focus)
    [IMG]

Thanks for looking!
    Make sure to leave your comment!(y)

Felipe
    gothicgeek and gordy like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beautful piece of work Felipe, you can feel his fear.
    I think you're being to hard on yourself over the shield,
    Carl.
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well painted expression of concern (y)
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent painting. The face says it all.
  5. Mark S Guest

Excellent piece, Felipe.
    This is one of my favourite Victor Konnov figures and you've done a great job on it.
    The pavise is very well done I reckon.
  6. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    Carl - thank you for your kind words. I keep thinking that one day I might paint as one of those russian guys that makes wonderful paintings on such a small canvas. You have probably seen it, haven´t you?

gordy - actually the credits should go to the sculptor who has done an amazing job capturing the fear expression on his face. I just happenned to paint it the way it was ment to be. Thanks!

Tony - thank you my friend!

Stiff - That is my favourite from Victor as well and the only one I own. The pavise is a great canvas and I´m still not convinced of my art work on it, despite the compliments. Thank you anyway!

Thanks for looking!(y)

Felipe.
  7. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    I like your shield !
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Felipe.
    The shield is amazing. And we can't be all from the St Petersburg school.......at least you try it. Alot of us stay away from those paintings.

Marc
    Theodoros likes this.
  9. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    Theodoros - Thank you!

megroot - you´ve got a point. I used to avoid this kind of "white canvas" kits. Used to scare the hell out of me! Thanks for your comment!

Thanks for looking people!

Felipe