1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP peely wally tally

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    All this talk about Dettol and stripping, and next to nowt about the figure!!

I don't recognise it. What scale is it / who made it ?

- Steve
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I do like the Dettol tip though. Must get a bottle. The paint stripper I've used in the past and that still lurks in the shed is thoroughly nasty stuff.

- Steve
  3. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Did you use a wire brush as well? :wideyed:

4. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Alan , Bob If the case arrises I will test first, but all my figs are resin.

Thanks Mick
  5. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pros and cons:

Dettol - works like a charm but stinks to high heaven for days/weeks/months afterwards. Also pretty expensive.
    Fairy Power Spray - works even faster than Dettol IMHO and smells a lot nicer. Its also a bit cheaper. HOWEVER, they recently changed the formula and like the title of this thread, the new stuff is a bit peely wally. So, good if you can get hold of the old formula, crap if you can't. I'll try and get comparison pics up later so you can tell the difference between old and new.
    brian likes this.
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Its a Metal Models fig Steve 54 mm Garde imperiale 1859
    quite big for mm 54mm
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom