1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

PayPal and Intellectual Property

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Steve Ski, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Not sure is this is the correct forum location, but I just read this policy update today and now I'm having concerns over the implications for all paint sniffers and finger gluers, sculptors, etc.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=GB
    Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement; Intellectual Property

Of particular interest is this line; "in any media known now or in the future"

This is a bit strange, but in black and white. Has anyone taken a closer look at what this could mean to any of us?

Cheers, Ski.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Well his is not new, they already does that since many years, the pictures are put on a webb for collectors who wants price indication ( you must pay for seeing it )
  3. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thx for the input MS, but I'm kinda hopin a legalese kinda guy might have some input. This appears to be a bit more draconian than what you are describing. This is newer, by the way, taking affect 7/01/15.

I recon I'll have to go to the horses mouth and speak with a relative who works for PP. Keep yall posted.

Cheers, Ski.