1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Paul von Hinderburg, 1914" (Alexandros Models)

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  2. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    :eek: ... an über-Prussian !! don't know about the historical errors mentioned above, and am not going to research (too tired) but I wish there were more figures with spiked helmets !

At first glance some of the uniform details here seem correct - I know for sure Hindenburg started his military career as a Lieutenant in a regiment of the Prussian Foot Guards (see Guard eagle on the helmet, litzen on the collar, ...) I guess he kept the distinctions of his old regiment throughout his career ...
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal

or the year can be changed for 1918.

Cheers
  4. Huw63 A Fixture

Looks great and another very tempting figure. Thanks for the comments about the minor inaccuracies for 1914... I guess I'd simply not date it.
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    And another litte notice. The collar of his coat should be blue

Attached Files:

custer760 and Huw63 like this.
  6. Jazz A Fixture

England
    This is the figure I have been waiting for for years. An imperial German figure with a greatcoat and a pickelhaube, and its Hindenburg!! In 75mm it is the perfect size and a chestful of medals that Nap Peart would give his high teeth for. I love it and this is definately on my wish list, and pretty high up there too.
    I understand the constructive comments on this thread but I also think a little artistic licence adds to the drama of the piece therefore I quite like the "armpits in the wind" effect. The point about the medals I think can be sorted out with a bit of Euro or milliput, not a problem with a figure of such good quality.
    Finally, my congratulations to the sculpter and the painter for an exceptional piece of quality work.