1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Paul von Hinderburg, 1914" (Alexandros Models)

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    WW/54 "Paul von Hinderburg, 1914"
    75mm. White metal figure

Sculpture: Ebroin
    Boxart: Alexandre Cortina

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Jazz, Huw63, Redcap and 31 others like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Amazing!

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb,I'll have a closer look at this at Euro
  4. Bimmer3.5csl Active Member

Greece
    Great Figure Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Really nice personality figure....sculpting and painting.

Minor quibble. I wish his sleeves hung down straight....gravity.....given the static pose.

Colin
    Babelfish likes this.
  6. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Holy. Shit!

that is a cracker!
  7. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Superp sculpting, I've waiting for this for a long time, since I posted it here.

But...there are a few historical discrepancies.

- The figure marketing says "1914" and, although he already was a Feldmarschall by November 1914, It is "unlikely" that his coat had the feldmarschall shoulder board insignia; in fact, there are photos of 1915 where he can be seen with his la suite insignia in his coat.

- Also, his was only awarded the Star of the Iron Cross Order in 1918, but it can be seen in the figure.

- Also, If he was to wear his Star of the Iron Cross, he would also wear the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross, in the neck, awarded to him only in 1916. I think that it is sculpted, but I would need better photos to see.

- In February 1915, he was awarded the Oak Leaves to the Pour Le Merite, but the sculpture doesn´t have those. It would be correct to the year 1914, but not to the other awards.

- Finally, he is wearing, in the figure, the Star of the Order of the Red Eagle, besides the Star of the Order of the Black Eagle. That is wrong. The Red Eagle star would have to be below the Black Eagle star; what it should be there is the Star of the Hohenzollern Order.

I think that the figure is superb, but one of the main atractives of a figure in a formal uniform, specially from a great period for this things like the German Empire, are the medals and insignia. And I think that the research in that matter could be better.
    napoleonpeart, Redcap, pmfs and 6 others like this.
  8. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Also, sorry for the english grammar mistakes. I am in the cell phone.
    Bimmer3.5csl likes this.
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Filipe, your points are valid to an extent and I realize you like most of us are just trying educate, so thank you and I know you are correct. The point of whether or not to date the figure 1914 is of little consequence though.
    Filipe likes this.
  10. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Any minor errors aside, not that I am dismissing bad research, this sure is a purty figure.
    Filipe likes this.
  11. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Cap, I would agree with you if it was only a question of marketing, or label, or something like that. I think that the Star of the Iron Cross could be the real issue, since is a very distinctive aspect of Hindenburg uniform. But I would like to see more pics. Also, I am glad that you understood my intentions. It is a beautiful figure, of my favorite period, and I will buy it, no doubt.
  12. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Filipe, I very much appreciate you (or anyone else )pointing out an error on a figure before I spend the $$$$. I do think this one will make it into my collection despite, the flaws.
  13. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Btw, the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross does seem to be there, I think.
  14. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I suppose you could put forward the blowin' in the wind argument. But yes I agree. Straight down would have been better. Still a nice figure though.

Steve
    crf likes this.
  15. Osvald Active Member

Latvia
    Great job! Beautiful sculpture!
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really like this figure. Maybe it is possible to correct the shortcomings in the medals with some putty.

Marc
  17. swralph A Fixture

Very nice figure.
  18. Ferris A Fixture

Impressive figure. Am sure the medal thingy can be fixed, if necessary.

Adrian
    pmfs likes this.
  19. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    I'm guessing the medals could be fixed with some epoxi putty...
    I kind of like the flow of the sleeves... it looks like he's on top of a hill or something and, as said by Steve, the blowing wind could support it. I think it gives the piece a little movement.
    A great sculpt! Not the scale I usually build, but I'll have to buy it.
  20. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

The sleeves work given the skirt of the coat is blowing back. I like the the "rotundness" of the head and the very good painting to highlight this, even on the back of the neck. Overall. I really like the pose, but the right arm/shoulder and the drape of the greatcoat over the shoulder look awkward. The elbow and shoulder look like he's in a half nelson hold.To be comfortable, it seems to me the shoulder joint should be lower.