1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"PASSIONS" - 7 figure vigniette 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello Guys . This is my latest work "PASSIONS"

[IMG]

The classic figure from Andrea Miniatures was used as the base , and also 3 Romans and mule from Andrea . The 2 thieves and Mary are my own sculptures.
    Painted in acrylics and oils . Scenery is consisted of natural small rocks , and formed on a base with epoxy putty . Scenery is painted with oils as well as the crosses

I hope you like it . Sorry for the bad pictures, it was not my best day

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

more pictures to come

Attached Files:

• j3.jpg
      j3.jpg
      File size:
      173.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Awesome work, my friend. Very inspiring. Thanks for the multi pic post.
    Well done! :)
  4. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    great vignette! some pics are looking like church windows or something!
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Bravo Costas,

Beautiful work of art.:) :) :) The entire diorama is consistently excellent.

The blood is modest, particularly if you think of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ". :eek: I would have put a tiny drop of blood on the tip of the Roman's spear to explain the gash in Jesus' side, but otherwise very tastefully handled.:D :D

It must have been an inspirational project to work on, and a pleasure to see completed. Well done mate.

Cheers
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Costas, WELLDONE on a very difficult scene which you made "alive" so easily and so fast!!!!!!! You and the likes of you who are "fast and furious" put my snail's pace of working at a REAL SHAME :eek:

Bravo!!!!!!!

Ray ;)
  7. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Awesome! Great idea, my friend. Compliments.

best regards
    Artur
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Keith thanks for your compliments. I am happy that you liked it

Costas
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lennart , thanks. It;s good to hear that what you have done , looks realistic !!!!

Costas
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Tony , thanks for your comments mate . I was never a fan of splatter , and the blood i used here was a bit much for me !!!! Your idea is good for bloodening the spears tip, but it was the previous shift guard that injured the lord !!
  11. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Very nicely done Costas. You really are becoming a master of the diorama style; each piece tells a story like few others I have seen. This one is especially inspiring.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great idea, Awesome executed.
    This is how i read the chapter of the holy bible. Absolutely fabulous.
    Costas, if i made some comment: I really would like to see that you do some more work on Mary. It is that you write down that it was here at the bottom of the cross. Otherwise i could not see that it was here. Maybe some more face and hair. Let us see that it is Mary.
    I think this absolutely awesome vignette would win more at impact then it already is.
    Hope you don't mind i made some note's. Again, it is a great work of art with a capital A.

Marc
  13. ilija Member

Costas my friend you have very much inspiration for this vignete....excellent work....every piece is on right place.......Congratulation...
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Costas. A beautiful diorama
  15. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    My friend Costa...seeing this vignette from the beginning coming into life slowly...I was really anxious to see it painted... and I was dissapointed at all. Fantastic set up and painting...brought into life this piece. Congrats my friend...

Xenofon
  16. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    This is a unique subject,there is a lot of work with the trancformations e.t.c. and you did a good work.Hope to see it live-must be heavy!!!
  17. "Tarakaman" New Member

United-States
    Great job!!!! It looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Great work Costas, I don't know where you get the time to paint all this vignetes...hope to paint this figure from Andrea soon, my mom is a very religous person and will be a nice gift to her...
  19. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Costas, fantastic work, I love it.
    Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    Roc
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Rej hi and thanks for commenting . In general everyone says that fast in miniatures is bad, But thats the way i enjoy it , sometimes fast ,sometimes slower, Its just personal taste

Costas