1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Passing of a friend and Mentor

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Its with a sad heart and tears that I let the figure painters also touched by Bob Knee know that our friend passed away this morning at his home in Atlanta.

Bob close.jpg

Bob was a lifelong friend of mine and of many who were lucky to have known him.

I will post any further news as I find out what arrangements will be made.

God Bless.......we will miss you my friend.
  2. quang Active Member

Belgium
    I've only known Bob for a few months through the letters he sent me from time to time along with abundant material for my Indian figures.

We never met but I know we would have gotten along quite well.

May he rest in peace.

Quang
  3. geaugan Member

United-States
    This is indeed sad news. Bob's contribution to this hobby was immeasurable. Through his book, his many articles and one on one's with anyone with a question. Our thoughts will be with him and his lovely wife.
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Unfortunate indeed. Bob was an enthusiastic patron of this hobby to the end. He'll be missed immensely.
  5. jjgurk Member

United-States
    One of the friendliest fellows I ever had a chance to meet in this hobby. He always had time to offer advice and insights and his book "Color Theory and Application" continues to occupy a permanent place on my workbench. He will be missed. Salut, Bob.

John
  6. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    Goodbye

This is very sad news. I've known Bob since the late 70's when he lived in the Orlando area and he used to have me over to his home on several occasions for lunch. He was passionate about our hobby and his energy and friendship will be greatly missed.
    Goodbye, old friend.
    Ric
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Guy, I share your sorrow, I knew Bob, he was a kind and gentel man, I will surely miss him.
    My condolences to his family.

Roc
  8. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Condolences to all of Bob's many friends world-wide and particularly to Eleanor and his family as well as to his fellows in the Atlanta club. I am so glad he was at Atlanta this year. This hole cannot be filled.--Peace, Amigos Steve Scott
  9. MazingerZ New Member

Spain
    Hola.
    Lo siento y os acompaño en el sentimiento........ :(:(:(
  10. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    How sad this news is, my condolences to his wife and family and also to the many, many friends Bob had made throughout the hobby over the years. A very sad day indeed.

Roy.
  11. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm deeply saddened at hearing this. I had the pleasure of meeting Bob for a very short time at the show in Atlanta. I regret how short a meeting this was as he was a lovely bloke, and I'm richer for having met him.
    The true mark of a person is their willingness to help others and this quality was abundant in Bob. I'd like to take this opportunity to express my most sincere sympathy and condolences to all Bob's family and his many friends.
  12. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Sad news indeed
    Found his articles a great source of inspiration
    my condolences to his family

Frank
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is sad news. Give my condolences to his wife and family and also to the many friends Bob had made. It is a very sad day.

marc
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    I had the luck to meet Bob for a short while while at MFCA last year and was immediately surprised by his gentle ways and manners. His words of praise and advice are something I can never forget. My sympaties go to his family and all the friends.

Stephen Mallia
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    My condolences to his family and friends.
  16. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bob was my friend and I am a richer person for it. He was an active member of the local club. He had a deep passion for our hobby and contributed greatly to it. He shared his knowledge through books, magazine articles and discussions. He received the St. Peterburg's award at the Atlanta '06 show for lifetime contribution to the hobby and he was very proud of that recognition. He always greeted everyone with a big grin and kind words. I will truly miss him. My codolences to his wife and family.
    Pete Garrison
  17. kevin Active Member

England
    My condolences also to his family and friends. Have always enjoyed his articles and his book is one of my top painting guides

kevin
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Mine and all of the BMSS send their condolences to his wife and family , a great loss to us all , his impact will live on through his work and advice passed on to anyone who asked for it .

A very sad loss

Kevin Peart (BMSS Bristol)
  19. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I am very saddened by this news, I had the pleasure to meet Bob in February - what a gentleman.
    He and his contribution to our hobby will be long remembered.
  20. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    A very sad loss, condolences and prayers for his family