1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP part help

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Mariner, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Could someone please help me with this tiny piece? It comes with the Pegaso 90mm Hospitaller knight but I can't find it anywhere in the box art.
    I KNOW you guys will know what it is, what it was used for and where the heck it goes on the figure.
    I included a photo because I didn't want to embarrass myself describing it as a U-shaped thingy with arrowhead points :lol:
    Thanks, Mary

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Spurs Mary, that's unless he plans a barbecue.o_O;)
    Carl.
    Steve likes this.
  3. PhilinYuma Member

United-States
    Yes, you'll have to cut them off and apply one spike ("prick") to the back of each spur.
    And for your further information, this piece is known technically as a "U-shaped thingy with arrowhead points". :sneaky:
  4. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Holy crow, I rode horses for years and never used anything like that!!!:eek:
  5. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    You probably weren't trying to push your horse onto a wall of Saracen spears:D

Colin
    Tecumsea likes this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I get a feeling of sarcasm here.
    Carl.:p
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
  8. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Come to think of it, they might have helped when he balked at a couple of fences:ROFLMAO:
  9. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Long shanked prick spurs or those with rowels help when trying to give leg aids through a caparison or quilted or mail armor on a horse. The leg of the rider on a horse while carrying a lance or spear or in armor is a little different than say on a hunter/jumper or dressage. It is a little more forward and the longer shanks help. I have a 12thc. spur in my collection that has a rather short shank to it and is maybe 1 inch from the heel band or yoke. As was stated it does help with moving the horse along when charging a line but too much and the horse goes all squirrely and won't respond how you think he will. Celtic spurs from 9thc. Ireland show no shank and are simply a small point on a shallow yoke. The long shanked spurs tend to show up more around the late 13th early 14thc. when you see alot of heavy caparisons on horses and even longer roweled in the late 14th and throughout the 15thc as the riders leg moved forward while in the saddle as a result of heavier armor and lances.
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    Thanks for the great info.
    Cheers
    John
  11. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Yes, Mike, that is really helpful as I plan on a collection of medieval figures. It makes perfect sense. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    Mary