1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Parawino

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, May 24, 2004.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I think I'm getting the hang of the picture taking thing. Wanted to post it because all the older pics of it are blurry.

Attached Files:

2. Pete_H New Member

I still can't get over how good this figure came out. Congrats on a very well done job, amigo!
  3. Pete_H New Member

John,
    By the way, any chance I can convince you to write a few words on how you went about this project? For instance, which Hornet head did you use (I remember you telling me it was a Hornet. Or am I mistaken?)? How did you go about converting the arm? And what were your paint mixes for the M42 jumpsuit? I've got this kit and am thinking of converting it into another E/506 trooper (perhaps Forrest Guth), so any notes would be much appreciated.

Thanks, amigo!
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work John.........and you are getting the hang of taking pics....Much better than the other I have on file.
  5. Pete_H New Member

Hey, wait a minute .... is that a Garand or a Springfield in his hand? I just noticed that!
  6. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Excellent John ! Nice pictures too, by the way, how's your 1st SSF figure coming along?
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yeah, it looks like an .o3 Springfield with a scope.~Gary
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Pete, I used a Historex hand, modified the index finger and a the right arm from the Warriors paratrooper. I added elbow patches to both arms. I also modded the left thumb to accomodate the rifle. I did use a 03a3 rifle to add some interest. I had to file a groove in the pants to make it look as if the scope was pressing into his leg. I used one of the laughing heads from Hornet, but couldn't tell you what the kit number is. The helmet is the beautiful offering from Michael Roberts Ltd. I sculpted on an 82nd patch as well. I also had to fill in the groove where the rifle strap on the original sat. I think your idea for Forrest Guth is great, perhaps wearing an ill fitting German helmet? The figure lends itself perfectly to that photo.
    As for color mixes, I have used so many, I think this one was based in Mars Yellow, and Sepia, with Titanium White. I accidently happened on this recently, Lamp Black and Naples Yellow. So simple and looked like the perfect color. I was painting something else at the time and didn't get to really try it, but I will next chance I get (if I ever get back to the Brecort Manor dio).

I'm glad you all like it. It was one of the more enjoyable conversions I've done.

Leigh, the 1st SSF is going along slowly. Just looking at my vbench I realized I didn't post pics of the new body I sculpted. I wasn't pleased with the proportions and rescaled it. It looks much better, but the pose is the same. I have one boot sculpted, but that's it. I had some painting issues I wanted to work out so I'm working on a stock kit (Clinch rifles) right now. So, the sculpting goes on the bb.