1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Parade of shame...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jakbwrhr, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Below is all the figuires i have in progress at the moment... sadly i have been travelling a lot for work over the last year and have ended stuck in various hotel rooms with not much to do, so i thought i would be a bright idea to start assembling some of the figures in my stash...

BW jock Middle East 1942
    [IMG]

Kokoda Track
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Grod, Eludia, sarouman and 2 others like this.
  2. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You like your Commonwealth figures then?
    Carl.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tons of figures in various stages of (in)completion ....... we are indeed kindred spirits!

- Steve
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I have the Aussie Kokoda fella at about the same level of completion on my desk also!!!!
    Ben
  5. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Yup - i do indeed like my Commonwealth figures...

The unstructured aim is to try and paint figures from all ages and stages of the British Army, with a special focus on Scottish Regiments (and the Black Watch) and the Military Police (my old man) in particular... with a few Romans, medieval figures and others that grab the attention thrown in for good measure...

The more modern ones are an attempt to capture my time spent humping heavy stuff around the countryside for queen and country;)
  6. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    a bit of progress on a few of the parade!
    Para NI - this is a Firing Line figure. Hardly any clean up required and will make a nice display once comleted and the base pulled together. (fiting line supply an etched wall section and pavement for him to lean on).

Attached Files:

7. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Para - Operation Corporate (Falklands 1982)

Another Firing Line figure...think i will use this in a wee vignette with some other falklands figs once they are completed...

Attached Files:

8. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Black Watch Officer - Sudan ( Tel El Kebir)

Clydecast Figure (90mm)

Attached Files:

9. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    D.F. Grieve Figure (100mm)

Attached Files:

10. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    small bits of progress - webbing base coat on Para's

Progress with head for Falklands para and a start made to the op telic figure...

Attached Files:

11. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Wee bit more progress:

Para - Op corporate - first toning filter applied to smock and trousers + head attached.

Para - NI - first toning wash applied to smock + body armour.

Jock - Telic 1 - Desert DPM started + head attached (face still needs some work...)

Jock NI - assembled (minus Rifle) and face under coated. Hackle created from Tamiya filler and teased out with scalpel blade)

Attached Files:

12. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Bit more progress on the Op Corporate Para.

Mostly starting on the application of shadow and picking out some of the details... 2012-07-15 15.30.26.jpg
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Well, that little lot should keep you occupied for the next few years!
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Heh it's weird how the mind plays tricks looking at the Falklands Para I thought bloody hell I don't remember wearing puttees in the Falklands, I dug through some photos and there isn't one that shows my feet! I'm thinking I may have worn my N.I. boots, but I seem to recall they would fall apart in the country being designed for urban stuff. Anybody else recall what we had ? Cracking figures they'll keep you out of mischief
  15. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Hi Helm,

Ah puttees - hours of endless winding... what horrible memories you have brought back. I had forgotten about the NI boots - utterly crap for anything other than padding the streets...and even then they weren't all that good.

Have seen a fair few pics of Paras, Marines and others wearing puttees, but i also have it on good authority from a few old sweats who were there that they tended to either wear their own boots (privately purchased) or would "borrow" / swap boots with the argentinians whom they took prisoner - the argentians had better boots (no surprise there) - but happy to be corrected by someone who was actually there.
  16. Helm A Fixture

England
    Hi James
    Oh we definately borrowed/looted stuff like boots. The Argies had cracking boots not surprising as you say but I'm buggered if I can remember what I had on my feet, it might even have been Doc Martins I know back then they were still good boots not the tatt they churn out now. I'm sure the haze of time and alcohol abuse :ROFLMAO: will clear at some point.

Cheers
    Steve
    jakbwrhr likes this.
  17. Don Well-Known Member

Great to look through your stash, I thought I was the only one who had so much "waiting for paint". Super collection and you are doing a lot of good work there!
    Who makes the figure of the WW 2 Black Watch ( other regiments are available) in the first photo.

Don
  18. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Hi Don,

It is a verlinden kit - readily available... i just need to do the flashes on the arms and finish off his socks, puttees and boots...

Might try to do that this weekend... then it base time...

Cheers,

James
  19. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    a bit more progress on the BW Tel el Kebir figure.

Attached Files:

20. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    a bit more done on the Para - OP Corporate... base shading and cam cream...

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.