1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Parade cossack 1914 Kuzma Kryuchkov bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Jun 23, 2009.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Rodrigo.... Many thanks :)

Rob......... Cheers :) whittman will be soon ;)

Dan.......... Many thanks, yeah it is a very distinctive sculpt and fun to paint

Marcell....... Thanks again :)

Slow progress........

i've fiddled with the visor and will need to tighten it up a bit more... also working on the leather area, goin ok but some dark red/browns needed i think... not my strongest area leather :(

[IMG]
  2. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Rifle sorted and some more leather work :)

[IMG]
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great brushwork.
    i would like to see more shading and highlighting of the green. Seems a little flat.

Marc
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark, great painting and considering your admission to leatherwork not being your strong point, what you've done upto now is absolutely spot-on.
    Looking forward to completion.
    Cheers Ken
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Marc.... thanks for the input :) i have deepened the shadows on the tunic and i think it looks better...

Ken...... thanks :) just get nervous doing leather because it's a natural everyday material. a nightmare in other words LOL

almost there...........

heads now on permanantly and just got a little bit of fiddleing to do and i'm calling this done, been fun and those sholderboards were a challenge :)

[IMG]
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great work Mark, this one has turned out very well.Like the work you have done on the leather.

Cheers David
  7. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Mark,

Its a wonderful job, fantastic!!!

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  8. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    David.... many thanks :)

Pedro.... again many thanks :)

Finished!

thats it i'm done with this :) found a local wood turner so i will be able to actually base this bust within a few days i hope ( expect a cluster of based busts as i have 4 waiting for plinths... BWUHahahahahahaaaaaa )

Mark

[IMG]
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Wonderful work, well done.
    Love it,
    Carl.
  10. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Mark, as said before outstanding work! One of your best works!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mark,

Excellent result mate. This bust has turned out to be one of your best so far. I'm looking forward to seeing your next project.