1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

PARA IN FALKLANDS

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Carl Edward Sambrook, May 14, 2013.

1. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Just an update, I have now completed the DPM on my new model and have taken all the advice given above, the figure now looks as if its been on the area for a few weeks, and I have also put can cream onto the face which makes the figure more realistic :) I will post a picture next week.
  2. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Carl, this photo was taken on the road into Stanley, Support Company attached to A Company 3 Para.

Attached Files:

3. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Thanks Jimmy, my weathering looks about right, great photo. I have photos of my time in the Army when on ops and they are the most precious to me and always every couple of months get them out. It does'nt matter when the photos of soldiers on ops are taken the stances and the smiles are always the same.
    jimmyoc likes this.
  4. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Jimmy just a quick question, the figure I'm painting at the moment has an SLR with a Nightsight attached, my question is was a bayonet fitted on the SLR whilst having the nightsight fitted, just asking as the figure has this fitted and it does'nt look right.
  5. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Carl, it depends on the action your trying to portray, if its part of the battle, yes put it on, but if its after, take it off, as you wouldn't normally walk about with a bayonet fixed, the bayonets were fixed just before crossing the start, not on the approach, as its quite easy to bump into someone in the dark. hope this helps,
  6. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Jimmy helps me greatly, I intend on making a scene from TUMBLEDOWN, so will leave the bayonet on. I only fixed bayonets once when I was in Iraq in 2003, that was before we knew it was Americans that were shooting at us, also throwing some mortars at us as well, surprisingly it happened the following day as well. Have a great weekend :)
  7. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I would love to see someone try a 3 Para, Longdon. all the best Jimmy
  8. Funky50 Guest

An old chap I used to work with many years ago used to entertain us young lads with war stories from when he was in Korea one being that when the Chinese opened fire the British ducked ....When the British opened fire the Chinese Ducked...When The Americans opened fire every F*****r Ducked.........lol
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    I did this Jimmy (sketched from memory) :shifty:
    Steve
    [IMG]
    pte1643 likes this.
  10. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve, I don't think it worked, could you try again, I would love to see your sketch.
    Bye for now Jimmy
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    Heh I'm not sure if Jimmy out sarcasm-ed me or not here :arghh:

Steve
  12. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi, no the image is black,?
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    I was referring to how dark it was down there mate and how bad my memory is getting these days :facepalm: sorry for the confusion

Steve
  14. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Too deeep for me. But very clever Steve.

Colin
  15. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

I have now completed the figure and I'M very happy with it, photos to follow. What I am interested is that one of the comments one my Para figure is that the weapon is to CLEAN. I have looked through photos of me when on tour and my weapon always seems to be clean. I have also looked through some of my research material and the weapons also seem to be clean, does anyone have any photos of an SLR thats not clean. Thank you.
  16. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    [IMG]
    Sorry couldn't resist it......
    Gellso and housecarl like this.
  17. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    I think some of these fell in the mud....
    [IMG]
  18. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Perhaps due to my keeping my personal weapon clean at all times I will keep the SLR cleanish as well :)
    jimmyoc likes this.
  19. pte1643 Active Member

LOL... I got it. LOL