1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

PARA IN FALKLANDS

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Carl Edward Sambrook, May 14, 2013.

1. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Another figure I recently completed, please feel free to comment. para photo.jpg
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    DPM looks well Carl.
    Carl.:giggle:
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  3. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Cheers house Carl took me 4 attempts to gét it right. Doing another one of the same size but it's of a Scots Guardsman, going well at the moment.
    Funky50 likes this.
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    DPM looks excellent if a little clean for a Para now if he'd been a Marine ;):whistle:

Steve
    martin tabony and crf like this.
  5. pte1643 Active Member

Someone's after a fight... :blackeye: (Not a Bootie btw.) lol.

Great work on the figure Carl.
  6. Don Well-Known Member

Wash your mouth out with soap Steve. The Marine would be dirty from Walking across the island while your mob went on little bus tours to obscure places. Lol
    DPM looks very good and I do like the weathering on the figure. Weapon looks just a wee bit clean, must be a Para.

Don
    Gra30 likes this.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    *cough* ummm you might want to read up on the Falklands Booties always turned up late for the fight Not that I'm one to sew dissent or anything :angelic:

Steve
    Don likes this.
  8. Dennis Active Member

England
    Wonderfully done Carl, I wonder are you going to put some 7.62mm link on the GPMG? GPMG gunners tended to keep at least 25 rounds loaded on the weapon to respond in a sudden fire-fight.
    Thanks for posting.
    Dennis
    Helm likes this.
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like you have opened a can of worms there mate :rolleyes: he may of stole those clothes from a Marine (y) not that I am saying all Paras are thieving swine :sneaky:

Nice job Carl on the DPM, looks right for the period. I agree with Dennis though some link on the Gimpie would be fitting and also a sling, if you need some I have some 1/9 link, although its Mg42 link its close enough to work if you want some, just PM me and I will pop a link in the post for you. Some weathering around the knees and maybe front of the smock would work well to show he has deployed the Gimpie in combat.

Steve
    Helm likes this.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    It's not stealing it's "borrowing" :shifty: besides it's not like a marine was going to use them :smug: Good call on the belt though Steve and Dennis

Steve
    Don likes this.
  11. Funky50 Guest

Excellent rendition of DPM to me.....good reference for me any chance of a full length shot of this figure......nice one
  12. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Really superb work mate and Dpm does look excellent as does the whole piece
  13. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Thanks guys for the positive feedback, luckily I still have some old combats from my days in the Army, so used them as reference. The sling and ammo still need to be fitted but this will be added in slow time. I was a bit unsure on whether or not to post the figure as I thought that it would not stand up to the high standard of figures that are shown on this site, it has now given me more confidence to crack on. Again thank you.
  14. Mookie Well-Known Member

Think you did a superb job on the Dpm Carl!!!.Personally i think your standard of painting is very high indeed.Must get my 120mm Falklands figures done sometime eventually!.
    Keep up the great work.
    Happy modelling from Richard
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Good job on the DPM Carl. I'd be looking for more mud and dirt on the knees bum and elbows and a bit of dried mud/ dirt on the legs and front of the smock.
  16. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Tony, I'm currently painting the Scots Guards 200mm figure and all the suggestions made are being put to good use. Once I complete a figure I never go back to it as I like to see the improvements that I have made over the years.
    Don likes this.
  17. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really nicely painted mate.
    As stated before..the DPM is spot on.

Gells
  18. moz A Fixture

England
    Hi Carl, I think you have done an excellent job on the DPM mate so I wouldn`t have any issues about posting your work, its fine!
    Gra30 and housecarl like this.
  19. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Hi Moz with comments like that coming from the person who sculpured the figure, it has really made my day, as did all the other comments.
    baronband and Gra30 like this.
  20. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Great job on the painting,