1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Para 82nd Arnhem Dragon 1/35

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by iwik, Jul 14, 2011.

1. iwik Active Member

United-States
    Hi there!
    As I'm painting the Roman Signifer, I've started this plasit/resin miniature from Dragon of a US paratrooper in Holland in 1944. I've changer the arms position and added/replaced a few items with resin parts from a variety of origins (mostly Verlinden). Since those shots were taken I've changed the backpack and the grenade.
    [IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    See you soon for the paint job!
    Ciao
    Iwik
    PS The miniature will be standing next to a small german vehicule, most likely a Kettencrad.

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      197.8 KB
      Views:
    gordy and Steve like this.
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

Interesting simple conversion. The additions looks good but it has a little bit of a "bobble head" thing going on, which is partly due to the helmet but shortening the neck (which I think would be more anatomically correct anyway) will help with that.

You might want to take a look at the right arm/wrist. I'd recommend working from photos to try to get this right as it's hard to visualise correctly in the mind's eye.

Einion
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Look forwards to you painting him Oliver. But to me the neck looks too long, and the right wrist angle looks unnatural.
    I've just posted at the same time as Einion.
    Carl.
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Agreed. Although I feel it's due to your using a Warriors head (which is actually closer to 54mm than 1/35th). If I were you, I would replace this with a Hornet head. These are 1/35th and will look more anatomically correct on a converted DML figure than the Warriors head.

Jim Patrick