1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Panzer grenadier officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, May 18, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    This time we going to paint leather items using acrylics. About the pics: the one with the finished holster and with the finnished upperbody are the ones closest to reality. My appologiez for the "quality" of the other pics. I hope this proves to be useful to someone.
    I also would like to thank Jaume Ortiz for telling me the basic mix. Without him I wouldn't be painting leather today. Thanks buddy.

Greetz,

Gino.

Pic1

Here de holster is painted in his base colour.. Ik I mixed black (VA950) with Cadmium Maroon (VA859) By changing the ratio's between these two colours, a whole range of differnet looking "leathers" can be obtained.

[IMG]

Pic2

The highlights applied. I simply added more Cadmium Maroon to the mix, and later some Sunny Skin Tone (VA845)

[IMG]

Pic3

Shading finished. Dit This was done with pure black, heavyly dilluted.. The outlining of the details was also done with pure black, only this time it was dilluted as much as to shade..
    (This is one of the pics closest to how my figure looks)

[IMG]

Pic4

A picture of the upperbody which now is finished. (This pic to comes closest to reality)

[IMG]

Foto5

The backside of the finished upperbody. The mapcase was painted the same way, only some Burnt Umber (Polycolour) twas added to the mix. For the high highlights I added some Golden Yellow (VA948) to the mix and later some Ice Yellow (VA858) gebruikt.

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great sbs Gino...........thanks for posting it
  3. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Gino
    The figure looks really great!
    Can't wait to see it finished and in person... ;)
    Best Regards
    jaume
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Gino, (y) (y) SBS !! Thanks for posting it ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Due to illness I wasnt't able to post for a couple of weeks. Now that I can start modelling a bit I would like to share some pics. I thought to finnish what I've started first, so here's the Panzer grenadier officer. He's almost finnished, I only need to paint his boots and do some minor corrections. And I also need to do a groundwork.
    Let the comments role in.
    Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Glad to see you back again in action my friend! You've done a great job with the trousers and the weathering, i like it a lot.

Regards
  7. Erikvb New Member

Hey Gino

You can’t see on the figure that your ill!
    Great camouflage!!! I like it a lot!!
    Perhaps a little satin varnish on the leather parts to make them look a bit shiny?
    I really hope you get better soon!!!! :) :)

Greetings
    Erik.

(btw, ik stuur snel een mailtje Gino, kunnen we weer een keer afspreken!! heel veel beterschap!)
  8. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

The figure is ready so here are some pics. the figure is from Wolf, the base from DMC designs. The groundwork is a mix of acrylic texturing gel + witte white woodglue + Mig pigments (Dark Mud and Russian earth) + Mig acrylic resin +saw dust. The little bush are PE leaves (left overs from Verlinden) with a trunk sculpted out of green stuff (Duro). All other products come out of nature or a dry flower shop. Everything is painted with acrylics.

All remarks are more than welcome.

Greetz,

gino.

Overview:

[IMG]

front:

[IMG]

backside:

[IMG]

left hand side:

[IMG]

detail of the "vegetation":