1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Palace Guard

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Gav, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Gav Member

loosely based on the Orientalist paintings of Ludwig Deutsch .... NUBIAN 1 FOR PF.jpg NUBIAN 2 FOR PF.jpg NUBIAN 3 FOR PF.jpg NUBIAN 5 FOR PF.jpg
  2. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Nice. Presumably the left hand is resting on something.
    Oda likes this.
  3. Gav Member

thank you Blaster.........no its not resting on anything, just relaxed.
  4. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

will this be commercially available? if so, what scale?
  5. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    Nice figure, though Blaster’s point about the left hand is well made. Also, what holds the shield below his waist? I assume there should be a belt or something.
    Oda likes this.
  6. Gav Member

Thanks Blaster......I stand like that everyday when my wife talks to me...I never have anything in my hand !
    There should be a strap...over his shoulder which attavhes where the two small tassels are on the shield. I dont work within the Military Modelling trade.....I sculpt for Gold and Silversmiths....When I sculpted this figure I didn't need to do the strap as it would have been made by a smith. Quiet often my work has bits missing...Im not lazy..its just for this reason....but well spotted !
    Oda likes this.
  7. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Gav,
    There appears to be real interest in your figures if these are commercially available. It's good to establish a scale for yr pieces as modellers here like to consider contextual presentation in their existing collections and may also explore mixing yr pieces with other makes for specific projects.

But well done on yr figures!
    Blaster
    Gav and Oda like this.
  8. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    As a commercial illustrator, I can say with some expertise that the left hand on the figure is just fine, and a natural gesture. Keep it as is.
    Babelfish, Gav and Oda like this.
  9. Oda A Fixture

Looks like a 3D sculpt to me so it can really be cast in a variety of scales should anyone decide to put it in production.A fine work indeed especially for people like me who have a soft spot in our hearts for the orientalist movement in art.

Oda.
    Gav likes this.
  10. Gav Member

Thanks for all your comments....and thanks Mike S for having my back over the hand !
    Im just testing the waters really for now, seeing if anyone likes my work for me to produce it in kit form. Any ideas as to what scale etc would be welcome...I used to sculpt using traditional methods so Im well equipped for RTV mould making and resin casting etc.......I think if I did start producing kits I would not go the whole hog and get fancy box art done....I would just put the figure in a render program and make it look a lot more like resin rather than the grey you have seen here...then just advertise here for starters....any comments good or bad are welcome !
    Oda and Mike S. like this.
  11. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member