1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting workshop

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by garyjd, Nov 17, 2009.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    [IMG]
    Next month I will be attending a painting workshop being given by Historical Artist Keith Rocco. I had the pleasure of meeting Keith at the APG show in Gettysburg this past August. In addition to being one of the top Historical Artists in the country he's also the most considerate and down to earth person I've ever met. The goal is to work on two pieces over the weekend. In order to dive right into painting each artist (student) is to bring two canvases/ panels with the subject matter ready to be painted. My first subject is a North Carolina Provincial from the 1750s. We're to work no smaller than 12 X 16, which will be the largest I've ever done. That being said this is the largest figure study I've ever drawn. Instead of enlarging a small drawing an enlargement was made drawing it out on a grid. The first photo shows the drawing alongside the black and white photograph it was made from. The second photo shows the drawing head on to better show the figure's proportions. Lastly this will be my first attempt at painting in oils. I plan on doing a full report following the workshop.[IMG]

More...