1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting the new digital camo

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Rob Brown, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Does anyone know of any good tutorials for painting the new digital camo patterns on larger scale figures? 120-150mm size
    Thanks
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Digi-cam

Hi Rob,
    I know you are asking for larger scale (rather then 54mm) but Missing Lynx did have a tutorial on painting it using an piece of shredded sponge.

I feel that this technique may not translate up to your scale.

I've seen recommendations for the salt techniques (usually used for chipped armour) or airbrushing through a mesh, probably photo etch for this scale.

Truth be told, if you come up with a method (or two) you may be the first one to share a tutorial.

my two shekels worth

Did some quick searching; hope these help spark some ideas, still in 54mm, alas.
    Calvin Tans effort
    http://zyclyon.blogspot.com/2008/07/alpine-miniatures-3rd-sbct-2nd-infantry.html

Cheers
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

I suspect that the only way of getting a good result for a 120 or larger is going to be to do the hard slog - painting it meticulously by hand with a brush, making careful reference to photos as you work.

Einion
  4. Maki Active Member

Croatia
  5. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    thanks guys. I had seen the one you linked Maki, was looking for more.
  6. grunt26 Member