1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting the Indians

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Feb 15, 2004.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Here's one. Warpaint in place.

Attached Files:

2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Here's the other. He has tattoos, warpaint will be added after the initial oil coat has set.

Attached Files:

3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks GREAT John! I swear at first I thought I was looking at a LIVE Indian!!! :lol:
    :lol: :lol: The first pic REALLY gave me that impression. You did a heck of a job. (y)
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Looks like a real indian to me.
    Good work,keep it up.
    Roc.
  5. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Wow! Looks real good John! (y) You ganna have this done for Atlanta? (Sorry if it's already been asked. )

-jim cox
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

They both are looking nice. I look forward to seeing them painted and in the nice setting that you have created.

Joe
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John!

They are really comming a long nicely! Looks really nice!
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great John, I enjoyed seeing them in Tulsa.
  9. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I hope to return to it today and get started on the leggings.

Jim, I may have the piece in Atlanta. If so, I doubt it will be finished. I may put it on display as "Not in Competition". I'm considering bringing it because I want to seek some advice from some folks down there.
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

I look forward to seeing it in Atlanta.

Joe
  11. vince wai Active Member

John,

Nice painting and really capture the facial feature of an Indian. Did you sculpt the head?

vince
  12. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Vince. I wish I sculpted the heads. They're Hornet. I did modify the top one for a more intense and ethnic look. I gave him a little more brow and higher cheekbones.
  13. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    John

Very nice!

Looking forward to the completed piece!

keep 'em coming

Rob
  14. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Looks very promising, John. (y)

Looking forward to the finished piece.

Q.
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Very,very nice,John What's the flesh mix used for the Indians ?Did you intentionally go more towards the "red" side in deciding on the final tonal values ? Looking forward to more pictures soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  16. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Ken. I did go little red, the one on top is wearing red paint on the top of his head and makes it look redder maybe than it is. I'll try to relate the pallette, but I honestly can't remember the ratios. Mars Orange, Mars Violet, Brown Madder Alizirin, & Naples Yellow. Brown Madder Alizirin was added to the base for shadows, and highlights were done using Naples Yellow. Hope this helps, I know it would be better with the ratios, but it was a lot of experimenting.
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys,

After seeing these figures and the scenery in person, the pictures don't do them justice. The blue coat is fabulous! Just thought I'd trow this in :)