1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting nose hairs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayneb, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Just wondering since we have all become so detail oriented if someone has come up with a way of painting those little hairs that stick out of the end of your nose that are only visible from the side by your wife unless she has a closeup mirror in the bathroom you both share. Or how bout the bush that's sticking out of your ears. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has come up with a solution for this issue. Could make the difference between novice and gold.....

Wayne
    DaddyO likes this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Regular grooming :)
    John Bowery and OldTaff like this.
  3. Ferris A Fixture

No kidding, I’ve seen painted eye lashes. Nose hair should be doable as well then.....if you’d want to see this on your beautiful figure that is....

Cheers,
    Adrian
  4. Ronaldo A Fixture

I have seen them modelled on a 54mm MM horse:eek: from fuse wire . Go for it :3amp should do it :rolleyes:

Maybe try it on a bare arsed kilty
    housecarl likes this.
  5. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Is that the best you can do to relate,...Regular grooming doesn't cut it....my wife is detail oriented.....Bare assed kilt might be a diverversion but the truth remains....When you start getting older; hair starts being visible where it doesn't belong. And that's starting to piss me off. But that's beside the point,....I need to get everthing as realistic as possible otherwise I won't be content.
    But you didn't answer my original question...….How do you paint those damn nose hairs to make them look realistic?......Now,.I ask you.....Do you think I'm asking too much from this civil question...?
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You'll need a fine brush.
    The diameter of human hair tends to range from 17 to 181 µm (millionths of a metre).
    1/9th - 1/10th of that, well you do the math.;)
    kagemusha likes this.
  7. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An entirely valid question for 'gentlemen of a certain age' which can largely be ignored for most of the figures we paint due to their youthful demeanour.

For a fully accurate portrayal of the more experienced gentleman I have a special brush which is made exclusively for, me at great expense, by highly trained fleas whose sole job is to select the finest of hairs from a secret source which is then platted into a special shape designed to make it simple to reproduce details such as these. I have a limited number of these which are available only to PF members. If you would like to obtain one of these limited edition brushes please send your bank details to me at the email address below and I will ensure that as soon as the price is confirmed one will be sent to you and the appropriate amount deducted from your account :cool:

Thank you

Iwontstealallyourmonesthonestguv@specialbrushsupplies.com
    OldTaff likes this.
  8. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Mr.DaddyO,
    I travel extensively and will be in your area next week. If you could give me your address I will stop by to pick up a couple of your nose hair painting brushes. I'm sure these will become very popular with not only nose hair painters but rivet counters as well.

Thank you for your response in this matter and look forward to meeting you soon.
    Wayne@Istickemquick.com
    DaddyO likes this.
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    The last contest I attended, a bust lost best of show because it was one nose hair short:D So it did not medal:cry:
    John
    Mirofsoft likes this.
  10. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    :ROFLMAO:…..Well then John....That settles it...I'm cancelling my visit to DaddyO's flea hair brush facility and not worry about that coveted "Gold" soo many strive for. I was pretty sure that by painting those nose hairs would put me on a different level....Alas...You have shown me the light. So now I must go back to my own thinking and paint the way that makes "me" happy...……….Thanks for your insight John:)

Wayne
  11. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    It is not just about the correct tools - it is as well about the proper paint. Forwarded your request to MIG/AK-productions - they might release some affordable China-flea-brushes and a nose-hair-paint-set in the next future. Watch PF-figure-news!
    As this important detail is usually missed in 3D by the sculptors I actually did a nose-hair-detail-set for different scales. The 1/72 and 1/35 sets were available since December 2018 as a suitable x-mas present to PF-members - but I found that they already have been recasted. According to the unwritten rules of PF I will not publish the name of the perpetrators but will open a thread about illegal copies of nose-hair-miniatures and the scandalous inactivity of online-platforms to do something about it...
    Mirofsoft and housecarl like this.
  12. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Nose hairs? Something only women have...

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

:D:ROFLMAO::joyful:
  13. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    As one grows older, one finds that white nasal hair takes on a barbed wire-like texture, and needs extracting by the careful use of suitable tweezers. It can be an eye-watering experience, believe me,....but so satisfying :giggle: :LOL: Sometimes, the screams can be heard several streets away.
    Hey, now there's an idea for a bust ; a guy tweezering his nose hair.....sure it'd be a winner ! I have a "nose" for this sort of thing.

Alan