1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Painting my 1/6 Lannes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks for the comments. Based his hair and painted his lips, brows and added more colour to his face tones.

P7203403s.jpg

P7203412s.jpg P7203414s.jpg P7203404s.jpg
    P7203405s.jpg P7203409s.jpg P7203411s.jpg
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Added some purple, red and sepia (for facial hair areas). Washed his hair with Dark Roman Earth to darken it. Undercoated his cravat. Started work on his hand.

His eyes still need more work. The irises are too dull.

P7213440s.jpg

P7213441s.jpg P7213442s.jpg P7213454s.jpg
    P7213443s.jpg P7213444s.jpg P7213445s.jpg
    P7213446s.jpg P7213447s.jpg P7213448s.jpg
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I might nick your mix for flesh and see what happens, following this with bated breath.
    Superb as always

Regards
    Bob
    crf likes this.
  4. akaryu A Fixture

Belgium
    Excellent and wonderful skin tone! A masterpiece in the making! I humbly changed my avatar;)
    crf likes this.
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Not my mix Bob. It was Phil's which he generously provided on HMF, an ancestor forum to this one. Good luck with it :)
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Pierre. No need to change your avatar as it was YOUR avatar that inspired this project.
    akaryu likes this.
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Here's the uniform arrangement that I am following. This is the reenactor Ney hurt at this year's Waterloo event. Wearing a marshal's undress habit coat (Lannes wears the dress coat with frontal oak leaves), with off white under vest, black cravat and white shirt.

image.jpg
  8. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Coming along beautifully on another monster sized bust. Looks like MMSI is going to have to fortify the tables.....:LOL:

Bob
    Joe55 and crf like this.
  9. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is a superbly arrogant look.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    crf likes this.
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Face turned out awesome. Nice tones and subtle transitions.

It appears reenacting can pretty damn dangerous. Ouch!!!

Colin
    crf and Wings5797 like this.
  11. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Colin,
    This 1/6 scale is suiting your work really well.
    As I have said before your ability to create layer upon layer of high level detail is amazing.
    Great work,
    Keith
    crf likes this.
  12. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    In case you haven't seen it already, from FB here is the shot of faux Ney getting his wounds. Apparently there is a law suit pending as reenactors were not allowed to ride their own mounts and had to draw horses from a local supplier....some of which were apparently a wee bit green. Several serious injuries were sustained.

My smart ass comment was that the real Ney went through five horses at Waterloo but this horse may have gone through five Neys :)

image.jpg
    Viking Bob, Huw63, Wings5797 and 2 others like this.
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Boy oh boy! the problem you now have Colin is that everybody's expectation for your work is really high, serves you right:D
    Cheers
    Derek
    Joe55, crf and ChaosCossack like this.
  14. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    crf likes this.
  15. Huw63 A Fixture

Stunning is on oft used and, in this case, hopelessly inadequate adjective to describe this work.

Cheers

Huw
    OldTaff and crf like this.
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

Was the horse ok? For these events special training is required for horse and rider but it seems unfair that animals suffer.

Yes we own horses in case you ask.

Cheers

Huw
    crf likes this.
  17. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have several friends who are riders and re enactors, It takes years of training to get the hose accustomed the noise levels and all the scary stuff the humans put them selves through.

By the way even more superb painting Colin.
    Bob
    crf likes this.
  18. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Just catching up with this post! Marvellous work, Colin -- Lannes tends to get forgotten, yet he was one of 'N''s dearest friends.
    The 'faux' Ney at Waterloo photo is a pretty good indication of how he must have looked when the real one took his tumbles -- good action picture there, but such an unfortunate aftermath. Hope he's recovering OK. Interestingly, the 'real' Ney was able to remount with just a few bruises.

Cheers, Alan
  19. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Great point. We forget how much damage some of these senior officers could sustain while remaining on the field. Oudinot was wounded 34 times...good thing Napoleon didn't issue purple hearts. We also forget the suffering of the horses.
    OldTaff likes this.
  20. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Starting the bicorne. Basic shape painted sepia & black - no shading or highlighting yet; NMM lace started with sepia and raw sienna and first lights with a dab of cad yellow and ivory white mixed into the base; feathers started with a wash of blue black over the undercoat and first paint with titanium white with some blue black mixed in to get a light grey - still needs highlights of pure white.

P7233492.JPG

P7233484.JPG P7233486.JPG P7233488.JPG