1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting Multicam SBS

Discussion in 'Post Your Own Articles & SBS' started by pete505, Aug 25, 2011.

1. pete505 New Member

United-Kingdom
    hi, heres a detailed Step by step for painting multicam, on a SAS Trooper, 200mm it will prob also work on 120mm but you may struggle on 1/35

Here is a rough idea of the pallette you will need to do the pattern using Vallejo

[IMG]

A - Beige (80%) Offwhite (20%) and a touch of flat red just enough to give it a peachy/pink hue

B - beige, beige brown and touch of black

C olive green, brown violet and beige, aim for a light olive drab

D - desert yellow, beige, beige brown, olive green you want to aim for a darkish beige with a light green hue to it

E - beige brown (25%), brown violet (25%), dark grey (50%) and a little flat red

F - offwhite, touch of olive green and desert yellow

[IMG]

i first painted the trousers one thin coat of deck tan followed be a couple of coats of "A"
    then

[IMG]

Figures left leg has some basic shading and some hard lines, keep the patches large and random (colour B). right leg has some of the darker green added (C)

[IMG]

all of colour C now complete, paint mostly hard edges, thin lines, thick lines, smallish blocks of colour, dots and dashes ect.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

the go back over colour C with colour D but not completely, thin coates are best and build up the colour gradually, leave a little of colour C untouched also make some fresh patterns with D (add a little more Olive green/brown violet)

[IMG]

then mix up some of the orgional base colour (A)

[IMG]

finally add some thin but irregular lines using colour E study your refernce for this and then over those use the final colour F

This is my first SBS, i hope this will be of use, it took me at least 5 attepts to get to this stage and i still think that this can be improved.

any questions or improvments letme know best of luck

thanks

Pete
    [IMG]
    HiroshiAirborne and Jim Patrick like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Re: paintin Multicam SBS

Looking good Pete.

marc
  3. pete505 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Re: paintin Multicam SBS

Thanks Marc, It took me enough attempts!

Pete
  4. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    This is superb, Pete!
  5. pete505 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks hiroshi, it is loosely based on a paintball article I found then adapted for figures (no airbrush or stencils) colours worked out and the order changed !

Pete
  6. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I cheated doing mine, I printed the camo off as a decal, used a load of microsol, decalled it, sealed it and touched up bits......... :)
  7. pete505 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Ah your secrets safe with me and errr..... The rest of PF!! Haha!