1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Acrylics Painting mtp camo.

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by callmehobbes, Apr 9, 2011.

1. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Looking for help painting British MTP camo with acrylics. I have the colours I need but cannot seem to break the pattern down so I can see which colours need to put down in which order. Has anyone had a go yet? -I've not seen a completed Maurice Correy modern brit sniper figure on any forums so I guess I'm not alone in struggling with this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  3. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Cheers Gordy. I've actually seen that page already but it seems to be the only thing on the net. Does this mean nobody has painted their Moz Correy Sniper yet?
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States

Dave Cox did one earlier this year :
    http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38604

I haven't seen any others-

Tony Dawe has an excellent SBS on DPM (which is can serve as a reference)
    http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31911

From wikipedia:

"As part of the MOD's PECOC programme, three new camouflage patterns were being considered for issue to British forces. These were a revised temperate DPM using lighter colours, a new three-colour desert pattern with enhanced utility for night-time operations, and a hybrid four colour scheme using two colours from each of the previous patterns for use on webbing in all terrains."
  5. callmehobbes Active Member

England
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  7. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello There,

Best advice is buy an Item of clothing, I have the under body armour Shirt , and field cap, I painted the Knight models green beret as a brit SF operator in Afghanistan as a present for a good mate of mine , unfortunately i did not photograph it.... However later I will take photos of the actual clothing items I used as reference and remember the sequence that I used... I hope this helps, it actually isnt as hard as you may be thinking, its far easier than US digi pattern.

Will get some photos later

Hope to help

all the best
    Chis