1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting Khaki drill

Discussion in 'Acrylics' started by montythefirst, Jun 21, 2015.

1. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a triad using vallejo colours to paint khaki drill uniforms like the one below worn by the British army in north africa?

[IMG]
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I would recommend you start with a base of English Uniform, which is a dark brown green colour and add Ivory and Sunny Fleshtone to create Khaki Drill.

The ratios are only approximate, and will need to be varied to suit your taste, but I would use 1 drop of English Uniform to 2 drops of Ivory and 1 drop of Sunny Fleshtone.
    mick3272 likes this.
  3. Ferris A Fixture

Another way would be to start with a mix of 988(?) Khaki and Basic skintone 815. Add English uniform and SS camouflage black brown for shades, add Basic skintone for lights.

Another version: Base consistong of English Uniform plus Basic skintone (1:2?).

Thanks for your suggestions Tony. Will give them a try as well.

Cheers
    Adrian
    mick3272 likes this.
  4. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    thanks guys

Tony do you have any picture examples of your method
  5. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Although, what may start out as one colour, would fade into another due to the bleaching by the sun! .. So I would not worry too much about exact colouration because it changes. As an example, which of these is correct ??

8tharmy_header.jpg . AT%20KD%201.jpg . 4569_566860574952_25104897_34311458_7356732_n.jpg . british8tharmyuniform.jpg . a5cd36afaef7e5537692ed17b3e412d3.jpg .

I think you have a really diverse field of colour which can be used and within context.;)

Regards,

Mark
    Gellso and Scotty like this.