1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting in a drunken state

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Michael Tse, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hi all,

Having put this aside for a week now, I finally picked up the pace and took a stab at the eyes, besides finalising the flesh tone, except for red nose and ears.

What prompted me to go at it again? An exotic drink called Ocucaje (44% vol)
    It was around 11, and I could hardly walk. But my creative passion was burning bright, so I just, you know, somehow picked up a brush. I was so high, and it felt so right, I got to do this again some time soon.

The to-do list as of now includes:
    a. miraculously put some glitter in the eyes, or simply define the sky blue better;
    b. draw some teeth. Mr Young left a hole there and no teeth was sculpted. So why not draw some teeth?

It is interesting to know what you think about flesh tone and beard. It is a highly personal choice to make and I have made it. I hope you find it agreeable at least. Thanks for dropping by.

Michael

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      216.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      200.7 KB
      Views:
    michelangelo and Mike Stevens like this.
  2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Darn it! Just spotted a terrible lack of depth in the beard area. Well, that's gonna be more work than I was happy to take up...
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I think the eyes look really good, and the beard isn't too bad either. I just stick to the cold beer, easier to manage a brush even with about twenty of em' in ya.

Nice work so far. When are you gonna get this guy finished?
  4. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hey Mike,

When am I finishing? I wonder too...

This is late UK time so I will sleep right now but could you kindly let me know how to attach/upload pics in a reply? I have rescued the beard area and done more work on the eyes.

Thanks in advance!
  5. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Oh, and I am really happy that the contrast between sand+white and white turned out to be visible. This bust really lives and dies by this specific element. It is not just another German bust with boring camo. I really bought this kit in order to have fun with sand+white mix/
  6. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    I think your transitions in your flesh mix are just fantastic! The eyes look great
  7. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff

The eyes and fleshtones look superb. My one thing would have to say that he looks like he's foaming at the mouth rather than teeth. perhaps just a tidy up would put this right...but do it sober!
  8. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Thank you all for your comments!

Grant, that's just what I am about to do. The teeth will be trickier than eyes so I want to think it thru beforehand. The foaming look should go once teeth are drawn and lips fully rendered (I hope)
  9. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Did some more work with the eyes and dealt with the beard area depth issue. Looks nasty from a close distance but hopefully the flesh tones will "merge" via some matt varnish at the distant final stage. It worked with my last SS panzer crew.

Attached Files: