1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting horse hair: how is it done?

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by rossbach, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Tommy Brown Active Member

Updated my previous post due to Photobucket greediness.
    Here is an article on painting horse by Rodrigo Hernandez Chacon from the book euro Modelismo Painting: Overhead Lighting.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
  3. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    I did time ago this document related to a SBs for a horse painting. Is in Italian but I hope can be useful

Diapositiva1.JPG Diapositiva2.JPG Diapositiva3.JPG Diapositiva4.JPG Diapositiva4.JPG Diapositiva5.JPG Diapositiva6.JPG Diapositiva7.JPG Diapositiva8.JPG Diapositiva9.JPG Diapositiva10.JPG Diapositiva11.JPG

Diapositiva13.JPG
  4. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Fogie for the scans of the Historex catalogue which I too have lost! Much appreciated. Bob
    rossbach likes this.
  5. jai A Fixture

Italy
    thank you Ivo.
    Giorgio
    rossbach likes this.
  6. richard carrick Member

United-Kingdom
    excellent advice thank you
    rossbach likes this.
  7. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well Paul, It took me four pages of reading to find some of the answers to your question...GREAT REPARTE along the way which always gives me a chuckle .... thanks for asking the question!!! I have become very interested in painting horses this year and have several kits on stand by.....great information all and again, I've learned more via the generosity of the members.

Kevin D.
    rossbach likes this.
  8. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Great questions on pony painting a some great replies, some comical as well.

I got me a few ponies to paint myself and I do have a few "Big Dogs" in the North 40 for up close reference. I'll just have to walk them 30 "yards" to the paddock and have a look see. Great thread, thx Yall!

Cheers, Ski.