1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Acrylics Painting & conversion: Rhino!

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Arsies, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    I alwais was a big Spiderman fan. I readed almost all comics (I stopped with that Mephisto's bad film about new day), I've laughed and cried with Peter, even in normal universe as ultimate, I sculpted and painted my own Peter Parker some time ago (my first sculpture) and I alwais wanted to do a deserving miniature

One of the greatest classic villains in Spiderman was Rhino. This is the perfect idea because there is not a propertly miniature but a proxy to it's phisical as Hulk (original one from knight Models) so I hadn't to sculpt it from the beggining.

First of all I had to say that there are several interpretations of Rhino, some of the latest drawings show him much more as Hulk that originals were it was fat, so this was going to make my job easier, even with that Hulk is much more definited than Rhino so I softened all the anatomy to give him a slighty fatter apearance. I sculpted too skin's texture and converted hands and feet.

I entered the mini to Stresa World Expo to Master Fantasy Open and get a silver so I'm really happy. It's the first time in a while that I had all time I wanted to finish it as I want to finish all minis.

hope you like it

C01.jpg C02.jpg C03.jpg C04.jpg C05.jpg C06.jpg C07.jpg C10.jpg C11.jpg 047B.jpg 048B.jpg 049B.jpg
  2. swralph A Fixture

Excellent work all round
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice work, saw pics of this one in the reviews of the Stresa show and liked it then. Didn't know it was a conversion though!!!! Brilliant work as always
    Ben
  4. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Bloody Brilliant! I have always had my eye on using these 2 figures together (Hulk-newer version vs Spiderman) - but never got round to it. Absolutely magnificent job. Great work!!!

Anthony
  5. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Excellent conversion and fantastic paintwork!
    Compliments.
    Ciao by Maco
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    now that is very nice indeed, it looks great very well done all round

ian
  7. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely stunning in every way!

Silver? How on earth is that not a gold? It's amazing!
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb conversion and painting (y)(y)

Cheers Ken
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Congratulations on your silver. An inspirational scene and painting.
    Cheers
    John
  10. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Congrats on the silver. It's a lovely piece (y)

Cheers,
    Billy :)
  11. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is just awesome! The sculpting and painting are wonderful!

Joe
  12. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Amazing work. Beautifully done!