1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Painting Buddha season 1 unboxing

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by saruxaxa, Dec 27, 2013.

1. saruxaxa Active Member

Well today I'm going to do an unboxing of this amazing pack.
    It is a pack that every painter / hobbyist should at least check, and if you can, of course buy it.

It costs 94 Euros with shipping, and brings a lot of things and of great quality.
    [IMG]

Perfect packing.
    [IMG]

We started opening the box, and the first thing is a paper of the team, aprecciated our order.
    [IMG]
    Super t-shirt. Ultra high cuality. did not expect such quality.
    [IMG]

And finally we come to the best, the box containing the pins dvd etc we can see on the web …. handmade.

see you in the next entry!
    yeo_64 likes this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    I can't be the only one who has no idea what the hell is going on surely ?
    Steve
    Redcap and captnenglish like this.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You're not alone Steve.
    captnenglish likes this.
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    That makes a least 3 of us

Best
    captnenglish and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    Ah cheers Ulrich now it makes sense a bit (y)
    Steve
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    OK even with the link I am a little confused as to what exactly you get for the hard earned euro's ....

Enlighten me !!!!

Nap
  8. Don Well-Known Member

Nap, for your hard earned Euros you seem to get a T-shirt and some enlightenment.

Don
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  9. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Checked the site and I still have no clue....but I have settled on a working theory that I can likely live without this finely packaged whatever it is in my life.

Colin
    napoleonpeart, Helm and housecarl like this.
  10. Tarracus A Fixture

the fact that the shipment has been succesfully delivered it's a miracle itself
    I can see on the first pic the spanish national postal service seal sticked on it....:facepalm:
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I like it. You get two 54mm fantasy kits, six "how to" DVD's, a shirt, badges, fridge magnets etc etc. If you are into learning to paint fantasy similar to the Golden Dragon/Gamers, then its a great buy in my opinion.
    Ben
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers Ben ,

Now we know whats in it ...fridge magnets and badges ...can do without those ...........still 2 fantasy 54's not bad .....I am sure that there will be modellers that will get this package .

Cheers Don ,

I am the enlightened one now ..looking dapper in the T shirt

Nap
    Don likes this.
  13. saruxaxa Active Member

hey that is only the first part, in the seconf you´ll see more. I buy it because volomir recommended me, and really, it is not a waste of money. Have hope guys! Soon the second part
    Don likes this.
  14. saruxaxa Active Member

Well , today i´ll show you the inside of the handmade box.
    [IMG]
    The team of painting buddha get sick , so it means that my order had a little delay. they are so nice, and send me a chocolate.
    [IMG]

A bunch of pins.

[IMG]
    The amazing dvd explain so many tricks and tips about painting. 6 dvds inside.
    [IMG]

Explain the history of the team and some tips.
    [IMG]
    Manual for begginer, and for experts that want to learn new techniques of preparing the miniature.

[IMG]
    Stickers.

[IMG]

A veru useful metal box, to carry minis or whatever you need.
    [IMG]

2 minis valued on 15-20 euros each one, plus an escenary.

i don´t like the design a lot, but the cast is so awesome and make me wanna paint a lot this minis.

Hope you like the unboxing, and catch one copy to your personal collection.
    yeo_64 likes this.
  15. swralph A Fixture

the figures look very soft to me(n)
  16. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Form over substance. Over packaged and over marketed. Give me a lump of sculpey any day. Sorry.

Colin
    napoleonpeart and housecarl like this.
  17. The Maxican Member

Cheers mates,

Sorry to butt in. The set contains not only the miniatures but in particular six (!) DVDs, showing the full process of two painters painting both miniatures. One time it's Ben Komets and the other time it's Raphael Garcia Marin aka "Volomir". You get to see every step from the beginning 'til the end. Various techniques (such as wet-in-wet, airbrush, layering etc.) and how to achieve certain textures and effects (OSL, glas, leather, latex, fabric, non-metalic metal etc.)

For those who don't care about all the shirts, pins and other gimmicks (as I do neither, and which should not be taken too serious) there is also a set with only the DVDs and the miniatures for EUR 42 (the 'Budget Box'). In my pretty humble opinion this is quite cheap for about 8 hours of video and two 54mm miniatures...

Btw, the miniatures are superbly casted and sculpted. But I admit, they are not everyone's cup of tea. Not even mine ;)

Regards
    Max
  18. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Now we undrestand
    Thanks
  19. The figures are actually really great casts, nice and crisp, good detail and well sculpted. There are a lot of extras with the package but to my mind they just show a bit of love and care has gone into it and that the guys who made it were bothered about the values behind it.

The DVD's are very well made (interestingly they offer a view of the painter and the thing they are painting in the same screen which is a useful novelty) with high production values.

I don't know the guys who made it, but I did buy it and I think you can spend a lot of time dissing this sort of thing if you want to be old fashioned about it, but I think the package demonstrates a clear attention to detail.

If I'd reviewed it I'd have shown the figures and the DVDs first as that is what it is all about, but it feels to me to be a product produced with a little passion..perhaps for some people that's gone out of the hobby these days or it's just too modern in approach.
  20. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely He Haw I would say Kevin . Never understood this ritual of un-boxing , Why people make vids of it bewilders me .
    napoleonpeart likes this.