1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Painting Andy's Cossack Bust (AC Models, 1:12)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Antonenko, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Adrian!

Nice to know that also you read again here with!

Cheers
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    [IMG]

20. Day, 19. December 2011

How the last Friday announced, today I paint mouth.

Besides, these colours came for the application …:

[IMG]

As you can see in the pictures, I have formed with bright mixture also the upper lip a little.

Am quite contented with it …:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Tomorrow it should go on with the chin.
  3. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    First of all: "Thank you very much!" Eduardo!

I plan to paint the chin tomorrow only for what I will take time because at the chin all colours and the individually painted "segments" flow together.

I would like to make the day after tomorrow (Wednesday) a few last corrections in the face which have been recommended me in different forums.

And then with the paintig of the eyebrows I will probably finish the painting of the face also next Wednesday.

Moreover, I think to paint even Wednesday one or more scar(s) in the face of my Cossack maybe - for we deal here with a soldier who carries several high orders for bravery...

Cheers
  5. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I always like your way of presentation, and
    i cannot understand such a way to paint slow steps.
    Thats indeed your own Style of painting and a very
    good research of history.
    Keep us updated.
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Stephan, old mate!

I will Keep You updated.

Cheers to Falkensee!
  7. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    [IMG]

21. Day, 20. December 2011

And today the chin …:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Then for tomorrow the completion of the face stands on the programme:
    Eyebrows to paint, to perform some corrections on which I was pointed out in some forums, to lay out eyes with varnish and one more "individuation" which I have thought up …
    Edorta likes this.
  8. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks, Eduardo!

Cheers
  9. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    [IMG]

22. Day, 21. December 2011

Today I make the last works on the face, and have started with painting a few corrections.

The most important – and costliest – change was sure that the icon of the (in the photo left) iris was changed. The whole has "walked" a small piece there inwards to the nasal root.

Now this entails that our hero does not squint any more!

In an other forum somebody had pointed out me immediately at first to the "silver look" of my Cossack. But I wanted to think this only not so right.

But the more I have looked, the more critically became my look. And, finally, was certain: This will still be changed!

Then I have already changed the (on the photo left) eyelid.

Now by the changed painting it seems "to hang" a little bit more and emphatically the look as I find.

Because of another tip I have corrected the (on the photo) left temple part and have toned down the crossings.

In the crossing moustache / cheek I still have – even if slightly - something changes.

I have tried it only with a very thin Darklining around the beard, but this looked absolutely stupid and unnatural. So I have easily strengthened the shadow zones of the cheeks about the beard.

Then I have still taken up a tip from an other forum, and have painted mouth clearly narrow. Thus it looks less dominant. And because I was already present there anyway, now the lips are a bit more brown and less reddish.

As the next our hero got blond eyebrows.

In addition I have gone forward as follows:

With the carefully spread paintbrush point I have at the right places carefully single hair with …

[IMG]

… painted on.

Afterwards the second passageway with a mixture from …

[IMG]

The eyebrows are there and they look cautiously blond. I like them!

Afterwards I have the eyes carefully with …

[IMG]

… laid out.

The effect persuades me how I must admit, not completely!

Now though the eyes look "humid" and it real light reflexions also originate from the really bright lustre layer, indeed, they do not seem synchronous, but – the modelling of the eyes owed – asymmetrical right and left.

But now with it I must live, this remains, in any case, in such a way!

Finally, I have still realised a small "extra" for the face:

Our Cossack carries a row of impressive fight orders, so I have thought to me that one must also see this in the face.

I want to indicate, so to speak, the "price of glory" …

So I have painted to the Cossack consequently three small scars under the eye, beside the nose and in the chin the cured soft part injuries of saber or dagger slashes should explain.

I have painted these scars with a mixture of...

[IMG]

I generate realistically active depth, while I pull an other thin bright line right next to it / under it with stronger lightened skin colour.

The scars are consciously put in an "illogical" relation to each other and should tell thus her own "history", how probably our hero has come to them …

So enough written for today. Now my ready face looks like this …:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I think, with this result is now the suitable moment has come to make a Christmas break!

Then in the new year it further goes with the ears, the back of the head, neck and nape as well as with many details of the nice uniform about which I particularly am glad!

However, now I would like to wish all which have here read and postet nice Christmas Days and happy going into the new year!

[IMG]

Till then – I would be glad to meet You here again!
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Martin. Not keen on the scars, but that's just me,
    I do like the hat though.;)
    All the best,
    Carl.
  11. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    23. Day, 2. January 2012

Welcome to new 2012 and welcome back at this point!

First of all: Thank You very much, Carl! The same to You!

Yesterday I could make nothing on account of the "side effects" of the New Year's Eve celebration.

Today I also do not make so much, but for it a few small things. To see hardly in the pictures, however, was important to me...:

As the first I have made in the corners of the eye on both outsides and on the forehead still corrections.

Then I have corrected the scar under the eye once more.

However, I have resolved to let the scars in colour in such a way as they are because I like it so well.

So it will remain now...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Azgaron Member

Sweden
    Excellent work so far Martin!

It was very interesting to read through all pages to see what colors you've used and how it was done.

Looking forward to the next update!

Cheers,

Håkan
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Tanks You, Hakan!

I hope, You will enjoy even the folowing chapters.

Cheers
  14. Ferris A Fixture

Nice progress Martin!

Cheers,
    Adrian
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Coming along Martin. Glad you're feeling better.:sick:
    Carl.
  16. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    First of all: Thanks Adrian and Carl!

----------------------------

24. Day, 3. January 2012

Today the right ear and the neck as well as the back of the head on this side were made …:

With light I have been very sparing because of the shade of the gigantic cap.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And before somebody says: „There is absent below around the neck, however, a Darklining!“ …

This still comes, as soon as I am completely ready.
    Edorta likes this.
  17. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thank You, Eduardo!

---------------------------

25. Day, 4. January 2012

And today the other side.

Also here I am quite reserved with lights, because the whole - first - happens in the shade of the big cap and I would like to have – secondly – the brightest lights round the eyes.

Who exactly looks can see that I have painted an other scar to my Cossack beside the throat.

This is due to the fact purely and simply that here a tiny scratch was …

[IMG]

… I have forgotten purely and simply, to clean.

Because I did not feel like trailing against the almost ready head once more, it seemed reasonable to transform the scratch into a scar …:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So – now I can say it:

The most of us will have a regularly returning "fear place" in a figure.

With me these are the cervical pages with which I have similar difficulties over and over again. Therefore, I am glad that I have this "cliff" now behind myself!

Tomorrow still back of the head and nape - and then I can put the skin colours aside.
  18. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  19. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Eduardo!

----------------------------
    26. Day, 5. January 2012

Today the work on the head ends with the painting of back of the head and nape as well as a thin Darklining around the neck.

With bright lights I have been very reserved again, because all that plays itself in the shade of the Kubanka cap from …:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Only to memory:

These colours have been used in the head (including hair and eyes) …:

[IMG]

And now I am glad to work on with other colours …
    Ferris likes this.
  20. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom