1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painting a indian beaded sheaf or belt

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Chris Cayemberg, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Hi folks-

I', working on the Fer 75mm minuteman figure which has a Indian beaded belt holding the powder horn... Just looking for suggestions on how to tackle this one...?

Thanks
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Chris

I would paint in basic colours then put a wash over to highlight beads and then highlight each bead

Look forward to seeing your artwork

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

Or, prime dark, drybrush the base bead color, then pick out individual highlight beads with appropriate colors.
    Nap likes this.
  4. Thanks for the responses, maybe I should have been more specific. the belt does not have any sculpting of the beads just flat smooth surface.

[IMG][IMG]
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    No pattern on surface ....I would line in the beads with a thinned black the fill in accordingly with the pattern...

Or paint it as leather ??

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MattMcK. likes this.
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    In that size, I'd be tempted to lay down a very thin layer of putty and make the texture. At 75mm, that kind of detail could be visible.

Prost!
    Brad
    MattMcK. and Nap like this.
  7. Thanks Brad! That was a great idea! I laid the putty and scored it with an exacto blade. Drying now but I'm certain that will work.
    Great advice!

c
    theBaron and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Look forward to seeing the result Chris ......nice suggestion Brad

Nappy benchtime

Nap