1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Painted Bust Presentation for WWII Vets

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Nick Majerus, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Carl B., Jamie, Ron, Pedro S., Steve D. Dan, Pete, Marc, Jay, ans all who hit the "Like" button! Thank you everyone! Painting twelve of the same figure was the hardest part of the project! After the first three it becomes hard to maintain the quality that you want to produce.

Nick
  2. moz A Fixture

England
    Hats off to you mate, i think you deserve a lot of credit for this. moz
  3. tankman3rd4id Member

United-States
    Nick, this is what its all about putting one's self last doing for others to help out (in any way) those men you honored did the same thing they answered the call and put themselves last. you did them an honor my friend. and in doing so made there day. thank you for all you did.
    RICK
  4. War Griffon Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Congrats Nick, these guys often get forgotten or ignored by the youngsters of today but if you can get them to talk its the best history lesson ever.
  5. 1/327th New Member

United-States
    All,
    <O:p</O:p
    Mike Davis here. I live in Washington State. I have been a co-worker and friend of Nick’s since 1978. I have had the honor of presenting Nick’s figures to the gentleman of the 101<SUP>st</SUP> Airborne mentioned in this forum.
    I would like to encourage any of you to follow up on what Nick has done with his figures to honor veterans in your area. Some of the WW-2 veterans have received terrific recognition in awards, books, movies and other media, however when they receive something made personally for them, it has a whole new meaning for them.
    I will be traveling to visit 101<SUP>st</SUP> WW-2 veterans who cannot travel any more that reside in eastern Oregon and </ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]</st1:date>May 5, 2009, while in <st1:country-region>France</st1:country-region> to commemorate the 65th anniversary of D-Day. He was personally mentioned in President Obama’s speech at <st1:State>Normandy</ST1:p</st1:State>.
    On closing, I would sincerely like to thank Nick for his service to our country and the further contributions he has made to recognize our older veterans who each helped in their own way to change world history for the better.
    <O:p</O:p

Sincerely,
    Mike Davis 1/327 101<SUP>st</SUP> ABN VN
    http://www.101stairborneoregon.com/
  6. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Maurice, Rick, Martyn, Mike, and to anyone else that I may have missed, Thank you all, and I hope this spreads through out the hobby that we honor and remember our vetrans from all our wars.

Nick
  7. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Superb work and effort for these much respected vets.:)
  8. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Nick, that is just brilliant!..well done mate.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Re: Painted Bust Presentation for WWI Vets

Well done Nick (y) gave me goosebumps :cool:
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Congratulations Nick a brilliant idea and a very generous gesture. (y)(y)

Cheers Ken
  11. Trep Active Member

United-States
    All I can say is awesome, just look at there faces when they get it.
  12. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rob, Jeff, Gordy, Ken, and Danie, Thanks for the comments. Some may look at the picture of "The Clone Army" and think that it is one bust Photoshoped. Beleive me it isn't, they are each a little differant. LOL!

Nick
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nick, What a super gesture on your part. There are two members of E Co. 506th PIR that live here in Erie. Joe Lesniewski and Ed Joint even landed close to each other in Normandy. Both men are widely celebrated here in town. ~Gary
  14. tissibzh Active Member

France
    great idea, it should be a great moment(y)
  15. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary and Christian, thanks for the comments.

Gary, I'm glad to hear that they have not been forgotten! I wonder how many of E Co. 506th PIR are still with us? I beleive there were only 30 a couple years ago.

Nick