1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Paint a figure in purple

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by michelange, Sep 27, 2004.

1. michelange Member

France
    Hi figureneers!!!
    I work on a new fantastic figure,( the beast of Joaquin Palacios ;) ) which I shall like painting completely in purple, Beast is in purple, Hulk is in green. ;)
    My base is purple pure.
    The problems of choice begin later. I work on the acrylic and that I shall like obtaining a figure with rather clear tones. Regrettably if I add of the white to the purple for the hightlights I find that it gives a little bit chalky aspect.
    It is what it gives onto some drawing paper at least!! :angry:
    My essays are not decisives, (to clear up to the white and to shade in the prussian blue give a too dark figurine).
    the question is : at your advice, with which colors I have to clear up the purple, and with which colors I have to darken. The look is that of a sort of gorilla in tones purples. Fur (Hairs? Coat?) cannot be very differentiating, will be needed few contrasts.
    Thanks. Bruno
  2. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello for the purpule color I never use white to do lights, I use another color like magenta or red with acrylics colors and to fo shadows I use deep blue or dark blue myabe with a little bit of black in the mixture I hope to help you.... ;)
    cheers
    Enest
  3. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Ernest I just checked out your gallery via the link. Your reds and yellows are outstanding! I especially like mal.01 and axe_001. How did you do the heraldry?
  4. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks Bruno :) for all my heraldry works I draw with a pencil the shape or heraldry that I want and the rest is brush with acrylics vellejo and of course a lot of patient and good eye... (y) that's all my friend. Remember to use a good quality brush.
  5. michelange Member

France
    Thank you Ernest. You think as me, no white into light :) . On the other hand I shall not have thought of the red I am going to test