1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Paddy Finucane 1/16 sculpt in progress

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by martinmack, Dec 1, 2010.

1. martinmack New Member

United-States
    Hi guys, here's a pic of a new project I've been working on. I have been working with this reference pic for the likeness, but posed him in flight gear since it makes the sculpt a little more interesting. Still lots of work to do on the right side, including figuring out what to do with his right arm, but things are coming along. As always, thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

Attached Files:

Dan Morton and gordy like this.
  2. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    beautiful!

René
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks a great likeness, well done.
    Carl.
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done (y)
  5. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    really nice what u have there mate, I love aviators figures!
    at first look I got the feeling that the head is a bit big, and some torso and arms width is need it, pleas keep us posted, its a great figure!
    grettings
  6. martinmack New Member

United-States
    thanks guys, I appreciate your comments. Antonio I can definitely see what you are referring to but I think the camera angle has made the head look a little bigger than in reality. I have him scaled at 7 heads tall, which I think is pretty representative for Finucane's body structure. I will definitely post a more front on picture once I have the work on the right side done and I'll keep an eye on it as the body fills out the rest of the way. Thanks for the observation, it always helps to have a bunch of eyes looking for errors!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Martin.

marc
  8. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Nice work, great pose, and the flight gear makes it look more interresting.
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Martin, It looks nice so far. Do you have a few other views of the figure to show? ~Gary
  10. martinmack New Member

United-States
    Here's a more front on view of the sculpt. I have added bulk to the left leg, still lots to do on the right leg and boot. The right arm problem has been resolved and the pose will now include him holding a cup of tea..very English I think, or Irish in this case, but it still works for the pose and attitude of the sculpt. His hand is just in the mockup stage. I also still need to add his jacket collars over the Mae West and lots of little details.

Attached Files:

11. martinmack New Member

United-States
    More progress on Finucane sculpt

I have the sculpt a little further along, including the cup of tea, and the final shaping on the pantlegs, boots, etc. I have some small details to add in using Magic Sculpt, since sculpey can get a little fragile when added in small amounts.

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You've captured the casual pose brilliantly, the drapery is very well done with out being over the top.
    Carl.
  13. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice :)
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The figure looks good Martin. ~Gary