1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Padded Jacket Done!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

After being extremely unproductive this week and not getting anything done (including 200+ math problems) I sat down this morning and finished the main body of the padded coat. The buttons are nail heads that I sanded down and rounded off. All comments are welcomed!

Attached Files:

2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And here is a closeup. One of the button 'flaps' got ripped off during clean up :( Not a big deal though as they are easy to do!

Oh yeah, if you wonder what the red on one of the button is, well I was wearing a pair of red sweat pants, and when I cut the nails off with the dremmel tool it fell in my lap and melted the pant material Oups :)

Attached Files:

3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here are some mock ups on the pose. Not sure excatly what I am doing yet, so any suggestions in this area would be most welcomed!

Attached Files:

4. vince wai Active Member

Anders,

Looks nice. But not too sure with the length of the jacket as all the photos that I'd got seems to have the jacket shorter than the bust having now. Also, the top of the two side pocket should roughly in line with the lowest button. I muct stressed that this is based on the material that I'd got, the Ivan may not have a straight standard with their uniform.

vince
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Looks great Anders. The nail heads make great buttons. Look forward to seeing it Tuesday.
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Vince!

I think you might be right about the pockets ending by the last button. The length should be OK comparing to pictures I have of the jacket. Here is one of the pics I used for reference. If you compare the length of the arms compared to the coat length, mine almost looks little too short. It measures just about to the crotch area on a standing 200mm fig (Warriors 200mm SS Officer in Italy used for comparison)

Attached Files:

7. vince wai Active Member

Anders,

The photo that I'd got shows the pocket's height is roughly twice as what's shown with the bust now. So visually, it would seems the pocket is shallow ( stitches at the bottom of the bust suggest showing the full jacket now ), or the pockets actually extend beyond the bust ( but that will make the lenght of the jacket even much longer )

Hope I am not making offending comments.

vince
  8. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Thats looking really good Anders, beautiful textures (y)
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Boy, thats a wopper of a figure. You have done a wonderful job Anders!!! Can't wait to see that weapon finished too.
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

Thanks for all the comments!

Vince,

Its all good, nothing wrong with some constructive critisism. Yes I agree, the pockets are too 'shallow' and I'll redo them and make them taller. Thanks for pointing this out, never thought twice about it :)
  11. vince wai Active Member

Anders,

My friend, glad you understand. I am sure this will work out to be your best piece to date. Keep up with the good work!!!

vince (y)
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Anders-

You did it! It has been a pleasure watching you work thru this one!

(y) (y) (y)

Keith
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Wonderful,Anders;I'm glad that you were able to sort this one out Looking forward to the finished product soon ! Cheers.
    Kenneth
  14. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    (y) the textures are looking great!