1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ox and Bucks LI Glider Infantry and Dublin 1916

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by al51williams, Feb 12, 2021.

1. al51williams Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Some images of recent work completed in lockdown.
    Ox and Bucks 75mm scratchbuilt in mostly Milliput. Sten is made from aluminium tube, steel pin, brass sheet, detail in Milliput. Bricks - PVC foamboard. Helmet - whitemetal from earlier Cheshire Volunteer casting with old net curtain stretched over it sealed with PVA.
    Dublin scene 54mm figures scratchbuilt in mostly Milliput. The Lee Enfield comes from one of my former CV weapons packs. I think the only gun I have not shown with a figure is the Bren, I'll try and address that with my next project. Pegaso background. Pillar box was a kit but 1/35th, so I had to enlarge it with PVC tubing. DSCN1697.JPG DSCN1698.JPG DSCN1699.JPG DSCN1700.JPG DSCN1703.JPG DSCN1705.JPG DSCN1704.JPG DSCN1706.JPG .
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Alex

Great to see you posting and even better you've scratchbuilt them

Really like all figures , nice beret colour and camo

Like the Vignette as well , really good uniform colour ...what's the mix you've used ?

Always good to see your artwork

Why not enter a piece into the class of your choice in our new FOTM comp and the Vignette & Diorama comp running till end of Feb

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. Edward A Fixture

England
    Fantastic work Alex (y)
    Nap likes this.
  4. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work on all three figures.
    Love the presentation of the Dublin vignette.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Nap likes this.
  5. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Alex, Really like your Glider Infantry piece! I think you pulled off a great piece of work! I just watched move, A Bridge Too Far last night for the nth time. Think your attention to detail and scale are good as well. Love the beret and camo. Man, you did a great job! Congrats(y)

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Military Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful work and painting

Mobo
  7. al51williams Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comments guys. Unfortunately diagnosed with Parkinson's about 4 years ago, so the clock is ticking and I don't know how long I can keep this up.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sorry to hear that regarding your diagnosis, lets hope you can get plenty more figures in, nice work especially the Glider infantry figure.
    Cheers
    Steve
  9. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Dang Alex! Sorry to hear about your illness mate :-(
    Wonderful to see you still creating mate.
    You always were a doyen at camouflage.
    I recall your MilMod articles on this, well tagged for ref & inspiration.
    Keep ‘em coming.
    MikeTheKiwi
  10. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Beautiful work, Alex - the Easter Rising vignette is superb, a simple scene of a period in history not often covered.
  11. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Great work Alex,very inspirational