1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Over the Top Canadian Toronto Rgt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by T-34/85, Apr 20, 2020.

1. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Following Ventress’ lead, I’ve had time,(I wonder why) to try and finish this great vignette.
    Like any other journey, it begins with the first step. I started with the base, then began adding the figures.
    The Officer went first, then I made my way to the center, then the ones on the ladder.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I’m on the sixth figure now, (the kneeling one to the left) and hope to continue my daily refuge of painting. I added the extra width to the base to help with it standing on its own as it came in handy with positioning the figures as I went along. The name plate is from, “Name It” and it really adds a great look to the piece.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Tom
  2. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I have to work on orientating the photos, sorry.

tom
  3. Nap Moderator

England

All sorted Tom ......members can click on them to view larger images ( if you want them full size here let me know )

Thank you for posting this

Just goes to show that what can be achieved on this set ...the basework looks great

The set is IMO a great release showing the "scramble" of men fighting to get out some scared all unsure what will happen

Painting looks really impressive I do like your uniform colour

I always use Name it as well ..quality finish to any model

Look forward to more

Thanks for sharing

Why not also enter a piece into FOTM as well as voting in previous month ( Aprils supporting company is Mitches )

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
    T-34/85 likes this.
  4. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Damn fine looking dio.
    T-34/85 likes this.
  5. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hooving great.
    T-34/85 likes this.
  6. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    1st class,I got mine at Friday and that´s the project for the next months.Hope I can stay at all the seven boyz….normally I changed after every figure in an other dimension and epoch...:whistle:so there are 13 boyz before the end.....I think it will be autuum….:rolleyes:
    T-34/85, Chris Oldfield and Nap like this.
  7. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Excellent work, Tom - keep at it!
    T-34/85 likes this.
  8. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Fantastic project, great scene, great paintwork so far! Watching closely!

Cheers Borek :)
    T-34/85 likes this.
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work so far Tom, this is the first one I have seen painted, it's a great looking scene by Carl Reid, looking forward to seeing more of it.
    Cheers
    Steve
    T-34/85 likes this.
  10. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Amazing work on a beautiful set of figures. Well done Tom. (y)

Cheers,
    Ken
    T-34/85 likes this.
  11. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Many thanks gents. And thanks Nap, I don’t know what happened there. As soon as this came out, I had to have it. I scratch built the rifle slings and while doing that, I figured I might as well do the slings for the Uhlan The Marne 1914 set too, so when that project comes around, that’s done. Still lots to do. The unit insignia on their upper sleeves and final weathering/positions. It’s a fantastic set!

More photos

View attachment 378441

View attachment 378441 View attachment 378442 View attachment 378441 View attachment 378442 View attachment 378443

Attached Files:

marco55, Richie, gothicgeek and 4 others like this.
  12. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Outstanding, Tom - I especially like what you've done with the shading & highlights on the officer's raincoat.
    T-34/85 likes this.
  13. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks Chris (y)
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  14. Cannonball A Fixture

Great progress so far Tom on a super looking piece. Yours is only the second one I’ve seen with paint on. You might have just inspired me to root mine out of the grey army.

Neal
    T-34/85 likes this.
  15. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks Neal. You won't be disappointed, It's a great vignette/diorama with a lot of action.

tom
  16. Gooner Mike Active Member

Great piece love it where can I get one of these sets
  17. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I got this from RDG Miniatures. I believe their web site is www.rdgminiatures.co.uk

tom
  18. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely superb. It's easy to forget that the Imperial Forces on the Western Front came from North and South, East and West.

Mike
    T-34/85 likes this.