1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Our Mule is finished.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. rafaelega Active Member

    Country:
    Spain
    Awesome... Roc, my friend....impresive figure. My little child (only three years) said about it "Es muy bonito" (It is very pretty). Usually he don't say that about my figures...Sniff! Sniff! :-(

    Please share with me your groundwork (this is one of my main problems when I try to complete my figures).


    Adios ,

    Rafa
  2. Roc Active Member

    Country:
    United-States
    Rafael,my dear friend,you are too kind, I do appreciate your support.

    Your son is very cute, give him a hug for me.


    1- Apllied a mixture of celluclay Mixed with water and Elmores glue to an oatmeal cosistency to wich I addel some acrylic raw umber to tint it.

    2- While the Celluclay is still wet I sprinkled some grind up kiddy litter combined with sand over the entire terrain.

    3- Placed little pebbles and rocks here and there.

    4- For grass I used cat hair.{my cat was not very happy with that} :lol:

    5- When dry I brushed acrylic burnt umber over the entire ground work.

    6- Using a flat brush, I dry brushed acrylic tan mixed with a little burnt umber over the entire terrain.

    7- medium highlight = Acrylic tan dry brushed.

    8 - lighter highlights =Tan + white dry brushed.

    9 -Extreme highlights = Lighter highlight + more white.

    10 - When completely dry I gave the entire terraine a wash of acrylic burnt umber to tie it all together.


    Now here comes the fun part:

    To give the terraine a dusty appearance, I scraped some raw umber pastel and srinkled it on .
    Than I sprinkled some raw sienna pastel, and fo extreme highlights I sprinkeld a mixture of raw sienna pastel +white pastel.

    The stones for the Via Appia were individually made out of A+B putty.

    I hope this helps.

    Ciao,

    Roc. :)
  3. rafaelega Active Member

    Country:
    Spain
    ROC,

    Thanks a lot for share your grounwork with me. I'll try to use your technics in some of my next projects (I actually am going to finish the Meryland Continental Line Soldier, as you can see in the list topic).

    Thanks a lot again.

    Ciao,

    Rafa

Share This Page

planetFigure Links

Reviews & Open Box
Buy. Sell & trade
Articles
Link Directory
Events
Advertising

Popular Sections

Figure & Minis News
vBench - Works in Progress
Painting Talk
Sculpting Talk
Digital Sculpting Talk
The Lounge
Report Piracy

Who we are

planetFigure is a community built around miniature painters, sculptors and collectors, We are here to exchange support, Information & Resources.

© planetFigure 2003 - 2019.