1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

OTTO

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pinsel, Feb 12, 2011.

1. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello this morning an parcel from usa with verlinden stuff arrived.and some of their busts are really fine.
    so i took out OTTO which i did get for around 17 bucks very cheap in regards to its quality and started the face.it shows OTTO SKORZENY on the raid in luftwaffe uniforms when they freed Mussolini.
    an really good sculöpt
    cheers

Attached Files:

Eric P.M. and Guy like this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice start Markus!
  3. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    cheers pedro thanks for your comment.because i have always the problem that my transitions in paints of the different parts of face are on the harsh side-i normaly end the painting then with an wash made out of eqaul parts red and yellow with an little dark brown it.so this is applied dabbed imediatly off.it will make the pink not to stand out to stronly.
    so some treatment of hair and the face would be done-i think the sculpt look an lot like the reall skorzeny.i have from the same artist the peiper bust as well and can it warmly recommand
    well for 17 bucks.how can you fail.an cheap ways to make its entry in larger scale busts.
    cheers

Attached Files:

4. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Excellent start Markus.
    The cool fresh tone!
    I'm looking forward to progress of your work.

Mitsutaka.
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Markus, flesh tones are looking good, will follow.

Cheers Ken
  6. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    thanks for encouraging comments fellow painters
    here some more progress its going towards finishing line the plinth the piping and braiding at cap
    and the shoulder boards
    an really enjoyable painting session
    cheers

Attached Files:

7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like you enjoyed yourself with this one Markus, looks a very nice bust of SKORZENY .

Steve
  8. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    well steve
    well skorzeny is surely an chap on which oppinions might collide.i had only the bust in mind.the raid on Gran Sasso was surely an military highlight and was executed flawless.i thought only on the interesting military career of skorzeny.and more what could suit an bust better than this face with the biog scars in it..i had tremendous fun painting this.even more because its so good in regards to its cheap pricing.
    i have no idea who sculpted it but i hope this artist i still in business and will do more.
    iam an avid lover of his sculpts
    cheers
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Markus!
    Fast project!!!!
    It seems beautiful...try to show us some new photos, your work deserve.:)
  10. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello pedro
    well one could say i have to say that while doing that bust i did cook an whole pot of Goulash as well.
    i think when face gets along well one is strirred to keep it rolling and busts are fast done.no camouflage to paint here so easy going.
    well and i did take the first pic of an figure in my life time which does look fully pleasing for my taste.
    so an good day.i have something to eat for the next two days and have something to play and to look at
    cheers
  11. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good work so far Markus.

Cheers David