1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Osceola Seminole War Chief 120mm

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I very seldom do a kit review unless I plan on painting the kit. I ordered this kit after seeing and posting it last week as a "News Release". I saw through the mentioned painting that was furnished with the release and was greatly pleased when I got the kit in the mail today and sat down and examined it closely. Below are the link to the original "New Release" posting

New Release Posting

The Lost Battalion Miniatures
    “Asi-Yaholo: Osceola Seminole War Chief”
    120mm Resin
    Sculpted by David Lea
    11 pieces including base

I received this figure today from Lost Battalion and after opening was very pleased with the contents. I found 11 parts including a very detailed base with an excellent sculpted log that the figure has one foot standing on. The upper torso with head attached was crisp in detail with excellent eye detail including hair-detailed eyebrows. I found a very well sculpted Bandoleer sash with checkered design already sculpted into the sash. The surface of the shirt has cloth like texture, very well sculpted with minimal seam lines to scrape away with an x-acto knife. The head turban is sculpted with locator holes for attaching the 3 Ostrich feathers included

[IMG]

The lower torso has one attached leg and one separate leg, slight seam line on the shirt with no seam lines on the leg. The underneath part of the shirt ( most manufactures / sculptors just block off the bottom and we painters would just paint it black) has cleanly sculpted loincloth, flesh area of the legs and a design sculpted at the bottom of the loincloth.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The feathers are attached to a sprue and will easily cut off with a knife.

The rifle and 2 hands are cast together with good detail and minimal seam lines to the rifle. The hands are sculpted with fingernails and knuckles which will look great when painted.

The waist sash ends are cast as a separate piece and dry fitted to the waist with no problem

[IMG]

Both arms come separate with slight seam lines easily removed. The arms dry fit and would not require any filler. The left leg is also separate and attaches to the lower torso without needing any filler.

A pouch is cast separate that attaches to the Bandoleer belt and attaches without needing filler and has beautiful bead work design sculpted into the surface.

Overall I find this kit to be of excellent quality with very little prior clean-up being needed (no more than a half hour with an x-acto knife) and would recommend this kit to any person desiring a Seminole Indian being added to their collection.

Any questions about this kit, please feel free to post
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thank you Guy,

This SBS is good for the firm. I made a lot off excuses over my mabe to hard critic.
    You see behind the paint, i cannot because i am to short on this hobby.
    I hope you finished in an SBS. The firm Lost Battalion Miniatures desirve a good SBS.
    As i read it so far, there is no critic on the casting but it is just a wonderfull peace of resin casting.

I looking forward to see you in the next step.

Marc
  3. johnnyboy New Member

hi guy,thanks for giving us the low down on this kit i was wondering how it was and wasnt sure because of the picture. i may grab this one.i want to see what he looks like with paint on him.please keep us posted thanks bro. johnny
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Johnny....sorry I was late in replying